Chapter 24. X Marked

x Rosie x

Everyone stands around the island with a roll of paper covering the table. A few coloured markers for the different packs as they murmur slightly. Each holding the colour assigned to them. I try to cook with all the men in the kitchen, but it isn't easy maneuvering around them all.

Thankfully Gray is the one on this side closest to me always and kept this side fairly clear. As best he could anyways. I find he's the only one I accidently keep bumping into. But he just smiles sheepishly every time I look at him. I shake my head knowing he gets in the way on purpose.

With so many Alpha's in one room will easily eat everything we have it the kitchen at the moment. After this meeting we are going to need more food. Maybe Elora would like to go with me and get out of the house a little. It will be good for her too. I know this isn't easy on them as well.

Hey Elora how are you doing. I ask her as I flip the chicken and let it get a touch crispier. On a plate I get the nachos placed around. The Alpha's murmuring gets a bit more intense as they try debating about what needs to be done or how they maneuver it without tripping over each other. Plus, they don't want the enemy to know where we all are. Squeaks of the marker on paper. I hope whatever they are drawing helps them to visualize the plan.

Hey Luna. We are doing fine. Happy that for now we are all safe and trying to do what we normally do now. She informs me. I'm glad they ae doing well. Our beta, her mate, Nick is here trying to help organize how this is going to go as well. It isn't easy with several different packs involved.

I'm glad to hear that. After its all said and done here would you like to go into town with me and do some grocery shopping or something. Have just girls time? I ask her. I shred the chicken and put some barbeque sauce on it. When that's heated through, I turn the stove off and places the chicken with sauce on top of the nachos.

Luna I would really enjoy going to do something like that with you. We don't spend enough time together. Just let me know when and we can go. She says back excited. I can't help the smile as I put some grated cheese on top of the chicken nachos. When finished I place it onto the island where they arent planning. Almost right away they devour it.

Sounds good I will let you know. I inform her as I look at the map. A lot of doodles. The X is covered in every packs colours. I guess with this they have a plan of attack to inform their pack. Gray gives Nick a look. I guess Nick is going to inform the pack of what's going to happen and how.

It looks fairly simple. I guess thats how it goes sometimes and sometimes the simpler it is the easier it is to go forth with it. I don't ask about it as they quietly talk about how it goes once again. How each pack will enter and go about the destruction. Its good. I'm sure with this it will get done just the way they plan.

I kiss Grays cheek and he blushes slightly. He wraps his arm around my waist and holds me close.

"Alright, well I think we know what we are doing. Enjoy the rest of your day and we will get this started soon enough." Gray says with a nod of his head. They all nod as well and head back to their own packs.

That plate of food really didn't last long at all. Gray grabs the plate and washes it and the pan. I look over the plan again that they made. Its crazy to think that they have a plan. I have faith that it will work. I need it to work so we don't have to live in fear of this anymore. Hope is all we have now.

"We got this ok. Nothing to worry about. In the next few days things will be prepared and set up for us to start." He explains as he stands beside me.

"I know. Then we just got to get everyone through this in one piece. Once the end game is done, we will all be better off." I say with a smile.

"I know. Nick has already gone around telling the main group of people what they need to do and whats going to happen. Then the second group after that. Its all set up, so we don't need to worry." Gray says. I can feel his anticipation or this and his nerves are a bit frayed. Hopefully soon enough everyone can relax again and do what needs to be done.

"I know. I'm going to go into town with Elora to get some stuff ok." I say as I look up into his beautifully moss eyes.

"Sounds good. Be safe ok." He says to me.

"Of course, we will be safe. If needed I will call alright." I tell him as I roll my eyes slightly.

"Good." He says kissing the tip of my nose.

I'm ready if you are. I tell Elora. I get what I need before she arrives. Gray carefully rolls the plans up as he heads upstairs. I hear him open his office. Well that's a good place to keep things like that. As he comes back down theres a knock on the front door. I open it and Elora is standing there with a smile on her face.

Gray comes down the last few steps and gives me a hug from behind. He kisses the top of my head causing me to blush like normal. You'd think after all this time I wouldnt blush still when he shows me affection.

"See you later dear." I tell him as he lets go of me and gives a wave to us as we head out.

"You two are very sweet together. I'm glad to see him smile like that." Elora says as we head out.

"Yeah I'm thankful to have him in my life he is wonderful." I tell her with a huge grin on my face as my face heats up some more. She gives me a nudge as we head into town, to get what we need.