Yang Jeongin - Series of First Confessions

Okay...I can do this...

I hope...

"Are you going to go? Or just stand here like an idiot for the rest of your life?" my so-called friend, Somi asked. If she wasn't friend, maybe I would've punched her. However, in the back of my head she was right.

"Maybe...now's not the right time, you know?" I say, trying to give myself an excuse. "What if Jeongin is busy, I mean, they're about to go on stage, right?"

"All the more reason to hurry and confess to him?" she replied.

I wanted to scoff; I hate it when she's right.

Here's some context: I have a huge crush on Yang Jeongin, I.N if you're more familiar with his stage name. He and I are childhood friends and well....that's probably the only thing he'll ever see our relationship as.

BUT I don't want that.

Yes, being friends with him is the best decision stupid 4 year-old me could ever make. I'm grateful to have Jeongin in my life; I wouldn't trade our friendship for the world.

Well...

...maybe I'd trade it for a something more with him.

"So you going, or are you going to chicken out again?" Somi asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I take a deep breath and nod; I look at her and say, "Okay, I'm ready!"

After that, I march straight towards Stray Kids' dressing room and knock. Chan opens it and smiles as soon as he sees me, "Hey (Y/N), you here for Jeongin?"

How did he know...

"Umm...yeah." I reply.

"Jeongin, (Y/-"

Within a second, Jeongin is in front of me, smiling happily as if he just won the lottery. "Hey (Y/N)!" he greets, "I didn't know you'd come today."

"Well yeah, I wouldn't miss your performance for the world." I say, making his already-big-smile a bigger one.

"You mean that?" Jeongin asks, to which I nod in return. "Yeah, what are best friends for."

For a split second, Jeongin's face changed slightly. Emphasis on slightly, if I was at a distance I probably wouldn't have caught his expression. Weird...

It was probably nothing; "Anyway, I wanted to say-" I started, nervously playing with my thumbs behind my back. However, suddenly the atmosphere personally turned dreadful as a producer came bursting into the room.

"Stray Kids – you're on in five minutes! Please proceed to the stage."

Everything shattered. The next thing I knew, everyone was rushing out of their dressing room in a flash. The members

"Hey (Y/N)! Bye (Y/N)!"

"Oh (Y/N), I didn't know you were here."

"(Y/N)? Didn't know you were coming today."

"(Y/N)! Let's talk after our performance!!"

"Whoa (Y/N), nice outfit!"

"(Y/N), I was going to say hi, but we've got to hurry. Come on Jeongin-ie!"

"I.N-ie, come on! Oh, hey (Y/N)."

Literally everyone walked past the two of us, Jisung and Changbin almost even bumped into me on the way out the door. The members, as well as their managers rushed outside so they don't miss their queue for performing. Seungmin comes to our side at the very last minute, "Hey, we gotta go." He says, before leaving too.