Resistance

Blake had returned to Vale, her leave had passed, and she was needed back in the city, as there was a movement for resistance building up in the city. She returned to the district she once patrolled. She sat in her barracks, looking at her rifle. She put in the clip, and drew the bolt back, before pushing it in. She looked at the rifle, thinking of this war.....was she fighting for the right side? If so, then why do the people fight back?

A knock on the door drew Blake from her thoughts. Adam opened the door.

"It is time for patrol." He said.

Blake nodded, standing up.

"I am doing what is right, we know what is best for the future." She thought.

As Blake walked the streets, she reached a river, the regional HQ across the River. A man on the bridge looked at the forces walking towards the HQ, before he pulled several sticks of Dynamite out of his coat, and ran onto a transport truck, dropping it down an exhaust pipe, and jumped off. 

Adam took aim and fired, killing the man just after the stick was dropped down the pipe. The truck suddenly exploded, dozens of other Vale citizens took weapons out, rifles, shotguns, revolvers, all storming towards the HQ. Blake took aim, pausing just a second as she saw a child carrying a flag. 

"For a Free Vale!" a man yelled, stepping up on a parked car, his long coat blowing in the breeze, holding a lever-action rifle in one hand and a sword in the other. Adam backed up, running to the HQ. He stopped, turning and shooting at the attacking Valians. 

"Blake! We need to run!" Adam said.

Blake stumbled back, taking aim at the crowd, closed her eyes and fired, the bolt pushing itself back and loading the next bullet, her finger pulling it again, shooting at the crowd. Reinforcements rushed from the HQ, shooting at the crowd. As the gunfire died down, she opened her eyes, she saw bodies on the ground. 

She was helped up by Adam, who looked at her with an angered look.

"You missed every shot, and more importantly, you panicked in the face of these humans." Adam said.

"S..sorry, I had panicked, I saw that day." Blake said.

Adam turned away, walking through the crowd, fixing his bayonet to the end of his rifle and looking through the bodies.

"Blake, check for survivors, and put them down." Adam ordered.

Blake took her Bayonet out and a fixed it to her rifle, she walked through the field of bodies on the bridge, she saw a flag covering a body, blood soaking up into the material. A man rolled on the ground, holding his chest in pain.

Blake approached the man, looking down at him.

"You monsters, you have only spilled more blood." the man said, spitting blood at Blake, before Adam walked up, pushing his Bayonet into the man's throat.

"You started this." Adam said, watching as the life drained from the man's eyes. 

Adam pulled his bayonet out of the man's throat, and looked around. 

"Blake, you go down that street and check if any tried to escape." Adam ordered, before he went down a seperate road.

Blake walked the street, before seeing a man sitting on the ground in an alleyway, holding his side. A lever-action rifle slung over his back, sword hanging from his hip, and his great coat soaked in blood.

He looked at Blake, eyes not showing anger, but pleading for his life. She walked up to the man, pointing her rifle at him. As she got close, she lowered it, putting it on her back. She took out her field dressing kit, and took the coat off the man. She opened his vest and lifted the shirt, covering the wound with alcohol, putting a pad over the wound and tightly wrapping the injury with bandages.

"You will need to have these rewrapped, use alcohol to keep the wound clean, burn the area to cauterize after surgery." Blake said, looking at the man.

She looked around, moving the man into a patch of grass between buildings. She stepped out, and walked out of the patch of grass, before seeing Adam turn the corner.

"Did you find any?" He asked.

"No, none fled down this road." Blake said.