PUPPY LOVE - zaniel

PUPPY LOVE
zaniel

WARNINGS !
none

SONG: love by lana del rey

|

The soft hum of the car radio filling the silence put Zach's mind at ease. The constant running through thoughts and buzz in the corners of his mind settled down.

Zach was nervous for today, worried that something would go wrong. It was Daniel's twenty-first birthday, and despite the current global situation, he was set on seeing his boyfriend.

Even if he couldn't be with Daniel much during this time, he at least wanted to give him his present.

Zach's attention was drawn to the passenger seat, small whines being heard through his car. His lips formed a smile, taking a quick glance over towards the sound.

A small black puppy sat in the seat beside Zach, pawing at the side door slightly. He stood up against the door, peering out the window as they drove. Zach chuckled, gently pulling him down once they'd made it to a red light.

The puppy whined once more before letting out a small huff, settling back down onto the seat.

Zach drummed his fingertips against the steering wheel as he drove, a small fluttery feeling settling in his chest as he spotted Daniel's house in the distance.

Pulling up and parking, Zach sat there for a moment. He gathered himself a bit before turning off the car, glancing over at the dog next to him.

The puppy looked back at him, getting a chuckle out of Zach as he reached over to scratch behind his ears lightly.

"Come on, little baby." Zach cooed, reaching over for the small dog.

He was very obedient and calm for being so young, relaxing into his arms as Zach picked him up.

"Now, I'm going to hate this as much as you will, trust me." He told the dog, grabbing a box from the back seat. "But it won't be too long! I promise." Zach continued with his baby talk to the clueless little dog, who only sneezed and laid his head on Zach's arm.

Zach sighed, shifting his weight and placing him into the blanket covered box. He only curled up on himself, laying on the blanket and peering up at Zach.

Zach smiled at him, leaning over to kiss the top of his head.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. Promise." Zach hesitantly got out of his car, leaving the windows cracked and locking the doors.

Making his way to the front door, Zach felt a nervous sort of giddy wash over him. He hadn't seen Daniel in weeks, desperately missing his boyfriend.

Zach knocked, hearing voices inside as one shouted they'll get it. Zach perked up as he recognized the voice, biting his lip to fight back the wide smile making its way to his face.

The door swung open, Daniel standing there looking perfect as ever. He was only dressed in sweats and a hoodie Zach recognized as one he'd boughten him, but Zach was blown away by how his boyfriend looked good in anything and everything.