1

Dipper Pines lived in a colorless, grey-scale world. Everyone did until they met their soulmate. It had been the way the world functioned since anyone could remember. Dipper's twin sister, Mabel, had already met her soulmate when they were twelve-years-old. It was quite funny how it all played out actually.

Dipper had met Mabel's soulmate, Pacifica, before his sister had. He did not at all like the girl, and he figured his sister wouldn't either. Pacifica was a short blonde beauty who was richer than anyone Dipper had ever known. She had a nasty habit of rubbing it in other people's faces, and she looked down on anyone who wasn't perfect like her. He had ran into her and the mall and had hoped that that would be the last he saw of the girl, but Mabel had invited everyone in town to a party they threw at the shack. Of course, Pacifica came to look down on the commoners, but when her and Mabel locked eyes both of them were flooded with a world of color. They hadn't even said anything to each other before they both looked down and laughed and their ridiculous mix-matched clothing.

At first it had been hard for Pacifica to accept and tell her parents. It's not that they were homophobic. They just didn't approve of their daughter being with someone so poor. However, a few weeks after they met they had told Pacifica's parents. They of course didn't accept her, so she came to live with Dipper and Mabel and the Mystery Shack.

Dipper came to grow found of Pacifica, she had given up her previous habit of judging everyone. And she made his sister very happy. She also was the reason that they twins got to permanently move to Gravity Falls. After their parents heard of Mabel finding Pacifica, they gave them the choice to stay at Gravity Falls or come home to Oregon. Of course, Dipper had chosen to stay with his sister.

Lately, however, he had been very depressed and down. Sure, he still had Mystery hunting and he still was trying to figure out everything he could about the town, Mabel had grown distant. He understands of course, its her soulmate. But his dull grey world was somehow even more colorless the less that she was in it.

The one thing that brought him comfort was that he could see colors in his dreams. He didn't know why or how this happened. It had all started when they battled that triangle demon in Stan's Mindscape. Ever since then, every time he slept there was a beautiful golden haired man in his dreams. He didn't know the mans name, and he didn't know why he was there, but he was someone to talk to.

At first he resented the fact he could see colors in his dreams. He thought that it maybe was Bill's version of revenge. To remind him that he would be forever alone and never find his soulmate. He stayed awake for seventy-two hours before finally subcoming and allowing himself to dream. After that it was just too beautiful to stay away from.

Of course, Dipper knew that it wasn't normal. But he wouldn't dare tell anyone about it. Stan had been being really sketch lately, and Mabel was too busy for it anyway. So, he just kept it to himself, and he slept as much as he possibly could. Hoping to see the beautiful boy and the color's around him every time he closed his eyes.