Classes at Hogwarts

The classes at Hogwarts are very much like the stuff we do. Herbology, for example, Herbology is the study of magical and mundane plants and fungi. As you can see we are much like each other because we take care of plants like they do in Herbology. So here are the classes and facts about them! 

Potions and Alchemy - The professor of Potions and Alchemy is Severus Snape. Alchemy is a branch of magic and ancient science in the study of the composition, structure, and magical properties of the four basic elements, as well as the transmutation of substance which would make it intimately connected with Potion-making, chemistry, and transformation magic.

Herbology - The professor of Herbology is Pomona Sprout. Herbology as I told you before is Herbology is the study of magical and mundane plants and fungi. Something other than that is many plants provided ingredients for potions and medicine, while others had magical effects of their own right.

Charms - The professor of Charms is Filius Flitwick. Charms is a class that teaches you how to cast spells. These spells alter objects without changing the object's nature. Given a teapot, the spell that makes it tapdance across the desk would be a charm, the spell that turns it into a tortoise would not.

Astronomy - The professor of Astronomy is Aurora Sinistra. Astronomy is a core class and subject taught at Hogwarts. Astronomy is the branch of magic and science that studies stars and the movement of planets. It is a subject where the use of practical magic and spells during lessons is not necessary.

Divination - The professor of Divination is Sybill Trelawney. Divination is basically attempting to see the future, or gather insights into past, present, and future events, through various rituals and tools.

Defense Against the Dark Arts - This class has had many people come to teach. The professors were Quirinus Quirrell, Gilderoy Lockhart, Remus Lupin, Alastor Moody, Dolores Umbridge, Severus Snape, and Amycus Carrow. This class basically tells you what you do in the title. They learn how to defend themselves from dark arts. 

Care of Magical Creatures - The professor of Care of Magical Creatures is Rubeus Hagrid. This class title tells you what you do just like Defense Against the Dark Arts did. 

I got some of this info from...

harryppotter.fandom.com 

en.wikibooks.org

That is all for the classes! Hope you keep reading next we have about the professors!