2. Your Captain, Start Acting Like One

"Ashley! Late again I see." Coach Bell looks at me, down her long, crooked nose.

"Sorry Miss. Ben just wouldn't hurry up, and..." I drift away, knowing what's coming next.

"You are the Captain, Ashley, You need to start acting like one."

"Yes Coach."

"Join the others."

I rush into the line, kicking myself for letting Ben take so long.

"Tell me all about last night." It's Chloe. My best friend. I wink at her, and grin.

"Only if you tell me about your night with Spencer." She raises her eyebrows, and goes down into the splits.

"Okay girls. Get in line. Let's run the routine for Saturday."

"Five, Six, Seven, Eight!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So nothing happened? Nothing."

"Yes Chlo, I told you. Besides, it's like you want me to get pregnant or something. So how was your night with Spencer?"

"Well we had fun, you do know what that is right?"

I play punched her, and we giggled, until Ben, Spencer and the rest of the footballers came stumbling through the door.

Ben raced towards me, grabbing me from behind, and spinning me round. I give him a quick peck on the cheek, and go to the cafeteria line with Chlo.

"So, you aren't knocked up are you?", I say, with a grin.

"No way!".

We grab out low-carb, fat free salad and sodas and go back to join the boys, and cheerleaders, who are all buzzing about tomorrows game. It's against the Popperhigh Knights, and the stats show that we are going to get a beating.

"So you guys actually going to win, or will I have to cheer Ben up like every other game?", I say with a playful grin.

"And how is it you cheer him up, huh Ash?", says Noah Breeze, an asshole fullback, whose only on the football team because he's done half the girls in this school and his parents are on the school board.

"Shut up Breeze, or you'll feel what it's like to have a salad dressing for hair gel," Ben retorts, cracking his knuckles, getting ready to punch him. I pull Ben back.

"Babe, he's not worth the struggle."

"How long is it since you to have screwed anyways. Got her knocked up yet Ben?".

Ben flew from my slacked grasp, and punched him square in the face.