24. The Baby's A...

"Ash are you ready to go to the doctor?" Isabelle yells up the stairs.

"Yep, I'm just changing from Lucy's house, I'll be down soon." I throw on my top, and rush downstairs.

"Ash, Jess has to come as well. I hope you don't mind?" Isabelle looks at me with a sorry face.

"Yeah that's all good. They want to tell me the sex of the baby today."

"That's so exciting!" Isabelle looks excited.

"I just want Ben to be there. It's stupid."

"It's not stupid at all. You want your boyfriend to be there when you find out one of the biggest things that will impact your life forever, whether or not you keep the baby or not, but you should find out today, okay. I don't have to be there when you find out if you want."

"Okay, let's go. I'm ready." I take a deep breath and head out to Isabelle's car. I climb into the passenger seat. Jess climbs into the backseat, and Isabelle climbs into the drivers seat.

"Hey Ash, can I ask you something?", Jess asks me.

"Sure Jess, what's up?", I look in the review mirror.

"If you could go back to that night, would you still have done it?"

"I-I" I stutter.

"It doesn't matter, it was a stupid question, forget it." Jess stutters.

"I wish that I had become the person that I have without getting pregnant. But it didn't and I became a better person because of it. I have real friends now, and I'm really happy with the musical."

Jess nods and Isabelle pulls into the carpark, and I start hyperventilating. Jess opens my door and takes my hand and squeezes it. I feel relieved and I smile a thankful smile at her. Jess pulls me up and we walk into the waiting room. I receive a lot of stairs and rest my hand on my baby bump. A little girl sitting opposite me gets up and walks in front of me.

"Excuse me. Your very pretty." I smile.

"Thank you, but I'm not as pretty you." The little girl smiles. The baby kicks me and I put my hand on my stomach.

"Are you having a girl like my mommy?"

"I'm not sure. So your going to be a big sister? That's exciting."

"Thanks. I have to go, but I hope you have a girl." I smile at her, and wave goodbye. She runs away to her mother, who scolds her for talking to strangers.

"Ashley Lopez." I stand up. I look at Isabelle and Jess.

"We'll be here." I look at them.

"I want you to come in." Isabelle nods and Jess gets up and walks into the room after me.

After questions and checking my body, it's time for the ultrasound.

"Do you want to find out the gender?" The doctor asks me.

"Yes. But can I find out alone, please?" I look at Jess and Isabelle and they nod and leave the room.

"Okay, I'm going to put gel on your stomach and it's going to be really cold." I nod, and he smears the gel on my lower stomach. I wince at the cold.

"Look at the screen and you'll see your baby." My heart stops and I see the baby inside of me. I take my phone out and take a video of the sonogram.

"Do you want to know the sex?"

"Yes please."

"It's a girl."

I look at the sonogram again and I feel tears slide down my face.

"Okay, everything looks good. You are young and in good shape, with no health issues, and a positive record. Come back in two months."

"Thanks."

I re-button my shirt and walk out of the room. Isabelle and Jess hurried over to me. They saw me, and my tears.

"Is something wrong with the baby? Are you alright?" Isabelle worries.

"No everything's fine. It's just baby hormones."

"Let's go home. Ben's back tomorrow."

"I'm going to call him when we get home."