chapter eight

late evening, early morning

jungkook couldn't sleep. he didn't want to sleep because he feared he would lose the images of taehyung in his mind. everything about taehyung fascinated him so much, he couldn't control his fingers. it felt so good to draw again, and it felt even better to draw taehyung. he spent every sleepless hour drawing until his walls were plastered with loose pages of taehyung's heavenly features.

he drew his eyes, trying to capture the sparkle in his orbs. he drew his nose, with a little mole on the tip. he drew his lips, full and plump. his hands were starting to cramp from holding a pencil but he didn't care. he wanted to see him again. he wanted to stare at taehyung and memorise every feature on his face.

so he decides to call taehyung at two in the morning on a saturday. students were usually out partying at this time anyways so taehyung surely had to be awake.

he finally gets up from his spot on the floor, dusting away the eraser shavings from his sweatpants. he makes his way over to his couch, unlocking his phone and squinting at the bright light. he hits the little green 'call' button next to taehyung's name. he fiddles with the dry skin near his nails, biting his lip while waiting for taehyung to pick up.

the ringing finally stops and everything is quiet. jungkook waits until taehyung says something but he's only greeted with sleepy groans and the rusting of bedshets.

"uh... taehyung?" jungkook asks, mentally cursing at himself for waking up an angel.

"jungkook?" taehyung speaks, voice slightly raspy and dry.

"sorry for calling so late. c-can you... come over?" taehyung's eyes widen at the younger's request, but he finds himself quickly reaching for a clean shirt, trying to make himself decent and rush over to jungkook's place as fast as he could.

"i'll be over in a few" taehyung says before ending the call. jungkook sits there with his phone still pressed to his ear. that was easier than i thought, he says to himself. he was expecting to be greeted with loud party music and an angry taehyung, but instead he got a taste of taehyung's low sleepy voice.

he gets up from the couch and makes his way to his kitchen, making two cups of tea while waiting for taehyung, wanting nothing but for taehyung to be there with him.

it's so refreshing. he still loves how a camera feels in his hand, but he loves a pencil so much more. he loves how weightless it feels compared to a camera, how it moves like it has a mind of its own. he loves it even more when it sketches curves and lines that morph into the figure of taehyung.

he opens his phone to check the time, staring at his screen as the white numbers flash '2:46'. shortly after, he hears a knock at his door. he scrambles off his couch, tripping on a few stray pencils and a book on the way. he quickly tries to compose himself before opening his door.

taehyung stands there, with his hair slightly messy and flapping in the wind. he was still wearing his grey checkered pyjama bottoms accompanied by a large white hoodie and an even larger grey flannel over him to keep him warm. he was so effortlessly gorgeous, standing there looking slightly scruffy and absolutely perfect.

jungkook smiles, biting his bottom lip as his eyes scan taehyung, taking in how stunning this boy was. the streets behind him were fully lit, providing the perfect backlight that accentuated his features.

"stay there, don't move" jungkook says, letting the door close on a confused taehyung. he runs back inside to grab the nearest piece of paper and a pencil, dashing back to the door. he opens the door again, watching taehyung chuckle at his clumsiness.

"you look so perfect, don't move" jungkook says without realising that his thoughts were spilling out of his mouth. taehyung's cheeks redden and his nose grows a darker shade of red, blaming it on the cold wind and not jungkook's words.

taehyung stands there, in the narrow outside hallway of jungkook's apartment with the city lights flashing in the distance. the cold wind made jungkook shiver. unlike taehyung who was cuddled up in thick sweaters, jungkook was only wearing a thin black tee.

"are we just going to stand here?" taehyung asks, slightly worried that the younger might die from the cold.

"i want to capture the moment, tae. you're really pretty right now." jungkook says, eyes not leaving the paper he was drawing on.

"i literally ran here after some idiot interrupted my sleep. i threw on the first thing i could find so excuse me if i find it hard to believe i'm pretty right now." taehyung teased, wishing the blush on his cheeks would go away.

"you ran here?" jungkook smirks, still completely focused on his drawing. he lifts his head up for a second to laugh at taehyung's flustered expression.

"i was worried, okay? you know, normal people don't usually call at two in the morning, just to make you stand outside their apartment in the cold." taehyung hoping that bickering with the younger would make the butterflies in his stomach go away.

jungkook snickers at the older's comments, inhaling sharply to show how 'hurt' he was by taehyung's harsh words. his teeth chatter slightly once he exhales and taehyung notices. it was really cold out and the wind wasn't helping.

jungkook remained focused, ignoring how his lips were starting to go numb from the cold. he didn't want to go back inside because he wanted to capture the moment, wanting to illustrate just how effortlessly stunning taehyung is, in real time.

without a second thought, taehyung removes his flannel and drapes it over jungkook's shoulders. jungkook doesn't even notice the older's actions until he suddenly starts to feel the warmth of taehyung's body heat transfer from the flannel and onto him. he looks at his shoulders, then up at the older who was standing closer to him.

"you're shivering jungkook, we should really go inside" taehyung's hands fiddle with the flannel, adjusting it so it fits snug on the younger. jungkook stands up straight, trying to force words to come out of his mouth. taehyung just laughs, smiling back at jungkook while slowly trying to push him back into his apartment.

jungkook takes a few steps backward before he's fully inside his apartment and taehyung turns around to close the door behind him. he swirls around on his heels to face jungkook, watching his nose turn red from the sudden change in temperature. he boops the younger's nose, laughing as his nose scrunches up into a wrinkled button.

taehyung makes his way over to the couch, grabbing the cup of tea that was waiting for him on the coffee table. he turns the corner and walks into jungkook's kitchen, examining the contents on the shelf. jungkook follows and sits on one of the stools on the kitchen island, watching as taehyung makes himself comfortable in his apartment.

taehyung opens jungkook's fridge, feeling strangely comfortable in the younger's apartment. he open the fridge doors, finding a few stray eggs, some milk, and two litres of mountain dew. he peeks his head out of the side of the door of the fridge, giving the younger a stern look of disappointment.

"what?" jungkook snickers, entertained by the expression on the older's face. "here to question my eating habits now, are you?"

"i'm disappointed in you, kookie" taehyung pouts, feeling a strong urge to take care of the younger. "with the way you eat, your intestines might as well eat itself, it's more probably healthier that way." taehyung spins back around, opening each cupboard, examining the contents. jungkook smiles at the surprise health inspection taehyung was giving him

"okay, i've decided to cook you a nice healthy meal." taehyung says before slamming down two packs of instant ramen in front of jungkook.

"i thought you said you were going to cook a healthy meal." jungkook questions, raising an eyebrow at taehyung.

"shut up." taehyung whispers. "this was the only thing i could find in your cupboard and i'm hungry."

jungkook feels a warmth around him, feeling his heart flutter as he watches taehyung try and figure out how to turn the stove on.

__________

so cambridge cancelled exams and i'd normally be happy about it but right now i'm stressing? class of covid 2020.
much love,,