Part 1

Adelaide shoved the drink to her throat, the burning sensation making her cringe. She leaned towards the counter and adjusted her skirt, she pulled it down discreetly and hand-combed her hair. She bet she looks like a mess right now, Alyssa and Laysla have already left a while ago, but she prefers to stay at the bar a little while longer, she does not want to be home alone in her home tonight, she does not want to be lonely and to feel left out, not tonight, she won’t cry herself to sleep tonight, she won’t let herself.

She thinks of what might happen when they’re finally done filming Reign… will she still be in touch with Laysla, Alyssa, Torr, Anna, Caitlin, Jonny, Celina and most especially, with him? She doubts it, she have not heard from him whenever they go on break on filming, when he goes back to London, he becomes unreachable, even when she goes there herself he was nowhere to be found, though she can’t really blame him, she guess he will never be happy with her than he is with his girlfriend.

“Do you want another drink, baby?” A deep voice said to her, she turned around and saw a brunette man much taller than her, his dark are eyes are checking her out.

“No, thank you” Addy said turning away, she doesn’t mean to be rude but she just hates it when a stranger calls her ‘baby’

“Oh c’mon, you’ve been sitting here alone for hours, I can keep you company” The guy suggested, scooting closer to her

“Let me buy you another drink” The guy insisted when he didn’t get a respond

“I can buy my own drink and if you don’t mind, I prefer to be alone” Addy said calmly, she’s drunk and she doesn’t want to say unnecessary things to the guy, she just wants him to leave her be.

“A girl like you shouldn’t be left alone” the man said insistently, brushing his hand to hers

“you heard her mate, she wants to be alone” a familiar voice said, Addy turned around and was quite startled to see Toby standing near her, he looks irritated but tries to maintain a calm and steady voice

“Why, are you her boyfriend?” The guy said to Toby, his voice challenging

“No—“ Toby managed to reply before Addy interrupted him

“That’s none of your business” Addy said to the guy, her voice clearly pissed

The guy just shrugged and left

“you didn’t need to do that, I can take care of myself” Addy said to Toby moments after

“I know” he replied, his voice low. That’s what he likes about her, she’s strong and independent, she can stand on her own feet and not depend on others.

He sits next to her as he orders a drink.

“What are you doing here?” Addy said, not that she doesn’t want him there but she’s just curious why Toby is alone on a Friday night, usually, he’s either out with his friends or alone in his apartment, but he rarely goes out alone, especially in a bar.

“Getting a drink” he said, barely looking at her. He seems so distant these past few days, his mood varying from time to time.

“You could at least look at me when we’re talking” Addy said trying to hide the hurt in her voice, she’ll miss looking at those blue eyes, she’ll miss hearing his soothing voice.

Toby finally looks at her with hurt in his eyes, pleading for comfort

“Toby, what’s wrong?” Addy said reaching for him, her hand touching his arm

“Tara and I broke up” he said, turning away his gaze and just focused his attention to the glass that he’s holding

“oh… I—uhm … I’m very sorry to hear that” Addy said letting the information sink in, she certainly wasn’t expecting that, she wanted to comfort him but what could she possibly say to make him feel better? She removed her hand from his arm and neither of them talked for a few minutes.