៚ ❐ 04. crash

STORY

Positive. It came back positive. I leaned over the bathroom sink and suddenly breathing didn't feel like a norm. Zendaya had asked her assistant to buy some tests, they were looking out for me. They were waiting for me to step out with an answer. Positive. This whole time, the nausea and the weakness was this. I pushed it aside for so long, and it was this. "Brielle you got it?" Landon's voice broke my train of thought. I took the handful of tests I had taken. After the first one, I thought it was messed up, some sort of defected test. So I took it 3 other times. And they all came back clear as day. I walked outside of the bathroom and for some reason seeing them both there, made me break down. And I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"Baby this isn't the worst thing that could happen okay?" Zendaya had me wrapped in her arms as my breathing was failing me. She had started fanning me with the pregnancy test instructions trying to give me back some of the air the universe was taking from me. It was an ugly cry, snot and all. Landon couldn't stop looking at the tests. He looked at them from every angle as if that would change anything. "This wasn't supposed to happen." I exclaimed, tears running down my face. "I know. But take it one step at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself. You need to take it in. Have a sit down with the father, and go from there." Zendaya's smile never faltered as she fixed the strands of my hair. The father. Tom. Omg. How could I even do this to him? To his career?
//
Landon had decided to take me to his place for the night. He didn't think me being alone at this time was right. I sat on his couch, my mind a blank slate. I am a 22 year old who barely manages to get her life together. A dream I haven't accomplished is still waiting for me. Sometimes I ask my parents for rent money because I can't make ends meet. How am I supposed to be a mother? "Brielle... is the baby Alex's or.." Landon sat across from me fiddling with his fingers. He was just as nervous as me. "No. God no. The last 4 months of our relationship he was already with the new girl. He wouldn't even touch me." My fingers ran through my tangled up hair as I processed everything. Landon's lips smack together as he looked up at me "Looks like that sticky note is gonna come in handy." I immediately stopped his train of thought with a stern look. "No. Tom will not find out about this. The father stays between us. From what Zendaya knows, the dad is my terrible ass ex. She won't ask any further questions." My face was angry as I looked at him, and he just looked confused. "Bri.. that's not fair. He's the father. He has a right to know that he has a kid on the way. I know regardless of the situation, I'd want to know." I could feel my emotions begin to slip from it's small haven in my chest. My mind was running wild, and I began hyperventilating. "Landon we are talking about a guy who's acting career just started to hit a high. I would not do that to him. I couldn't. This isn't what he wanted. I'm not doing it." I felt so vulnerable as I started crying again. Landon immediately scooted in and hugged me tightly. He kissed the top of my head repeatedly, "You didn't plan this either. This is not only your life now but the baby's too. He has to know." His voice was soothing but not convincing. "No... please okay. Just no." I had never felt my world come crashing quicker on me.