1

Why do I get myself into these messed up situations.
I turned my head to see if they were after me.
Nope.
Ha ha. You go girl.
I took a turn hoping to get rid of the cops for good.
I kept on going till I fell into a thirteen feet deep swimming pool.
"Wow" I said, breathlessly.
I covered the stale bread in my hand with my dirty shawl.
" There she is" i heard someone scream as the rays of a flashlight landed on my face.
Oh no.
I ran faster

I look around for a possible hiding spot, that was when I looked further and saw a tree.
" Good thinking, Marvie" I said to myself as I scaled the tree and sat on it's thickest branch.

I sat still for minutes waiting until there was not a creature in sight.

I took a breath and exhaled.
I carefully unwrapped my dinner and took a huge, heavenly bite.

Good job, Marvelle, you stole from the head officer and didn't even get caught.

I kept on eating till the whole thing was gone.
I waited some minutes before jumping back down, checking if the coast was clear.

I was about to take a turn and leave, when I felt a sharp object Pierce my ankle.
" Ow"
I began to feel really dizzy.
" Hello, nice to see you again" I looked up to see a man in a police uniform. He smirked and spat in my face.
I tried to open my mouth but no words came out.
All I could see and hear was...nothing.

**************

AT THE POLICE HEADQUARTERS

I was strapped to a chair, hands behind me, watching the police officer pace up and down.

"So...are you going to say something?"
I ask.

"Marvelle? How many times have I warned you not to go round taking other people's property?!" He screamed.

"I'm sorry, but people like me need to do this to survive, I have nothing, and if I don't 'borrow' stuff I'll die of hunger" I said.

"Well... people like you could get decent jobs and maybe make a good living instead of stealing!"
He sighed.

"It's my job to keep the town in order, so if I ever catch you doing anything stupid again...."
He balled his fist and shoot it at me.

I stared at him plainly.

"Just go" He said, worn out.

They released me and I rushed out immediately.

'So who's ready to get breakfast?' I ask myself.

I stopped in front of a boutique and looked at all the fabulous clothes and accessories, only if I had it all but I didn't....
My eyes trailed to the mirror, I saw my reflection and ran my hands through my messy brown curls.

I really am a nothing.

I walked around for a bit and all that was in my mind was
Get food, you'll starve.
Even if you go to jail, you get food ...for free.
I smiled at the thought but frowned seconds later..
Disgusting food.
Ugh.

I was crossing the street when a motorcycle came rushing towards me at full speed, I quickly dodged before there were any accidents.

The guy on the motorcycle took off his helmet and...my oh my, was he good looking.
His brown eyes looked straight into mine, I was mesmerized.

"Oh I'm so sorry", he said.
I was busy admiring him to realize that he spoke.

" Oh yeah,pssh it's nothing, it's my fault for not looking where I was going... clueless me", I said and laughed nervously as he reached forward to shake my hand.

"Hey, I'm Hulio" He introduced.
"Marvelle, that's my name" I said and face palmed myself mentally.
Ugh.

"Marvelle ", he said, I could tell he was repeating the name several times in his head.

"Well...see you sometime, I have to go" , he quickly climbed onto his motorcycle and drove away.

I even drive the boys away.
I have a terrible life.
I kept on walking , since I really didn't have much to do and didn't have much time as well.

I wanted to think about food but the only thing ringing in my head was..

Hulio..Hulio..Hulio

********************

This was shabby cuz I used only five minutes to write.
I didn't edit it so if there are any mistakes please ignore or alert me.

Also...vote and comment , I'd really really appreciate that.

Thanks you lovelies

☮️🥰 Ella