Chapter 3

"I don't understand, I thought MG erased his memory?" Confusion seeped through my voice as I walked beside Hope

"He did, or at least he tried to," Hope answered, glancing back at the human to make sure that he was still following us, "We think he drank coffee that had vervain in it."

"Ah." I looked to the side at the guy, it was odd seeing a human our age at the school. The only other time we saw humans our age was when we had to play flag football against Mystic Falls High.

I watched as Hope leaned against one of the tables inside the library before turning to blink at the dark-hair boy, "Oh! I just realized I never got your name! I'm Kiyomi by the way." I held my hand out for a handshake, the poor guy looked really nervous plus it wouldn't hurt to be friendly, it's not like he was gonna remember any of this anyway.

"Landon." He shook my hand awkwardly while Hope raised an eyebrow at us.

I shot him a slight smile, "Well Landon, welcome to the Stefan Salvatore Memorial Library!" I chipped, gesturing to the space around us.

He glanced around, "You guys sure do have a lot of uh..." He tilted his head to the side, eyeing a glass case that contained a few different magical artifacts, "...stuff..." He looked back at me, giving me an anxious sort of smile.

I let out a chuckle, "They're magical artifacts, we like keeping them on display."

He hummed lightly before walking forward and pointing at a knife in the case, "What's that one?"

I opened my mouth to respond but Hope quickly cut in, "We don't know, but it's best if you don't touch it." I gave her a side glance, honestly, I didn't know any better I'd say that she almost sounded a bit jealous of the fact that I was talking to Landon. My eyes widened slightly in realization as my gaze darted back and forth between the 2 other teens in the room.

"Alrighty!" I said rather loudly, clapping my hands together and back away slightly towards the exit, "I'm off to go find, uh, Josie. I'm sure Hope can bring you back to where it is you need to be!" I exclaim, backing out of the library. Hope whirled around to give me a pointed look and I offered her a smirk in return, they were definitely gonna kiss.

---★---

I shuffled down the hall, turning the corner to get to my room only to smack into someone.

"Ow!" Brunette hair came into my view as I took a step back from the other person.

"Josie? What are you doing here?" I held my hand out to help her up from the ground. She took my hand and pulled herself to her feet, "I just saw MG shoving his tongue down her throat." She muttered, dusting off her clothes. I blink at her in mild surprise, "Wait, really?" My expression changed to one of disgust, "Ew, I didn't think MG was an ex stealer." Josie shook her head, "Me neither."

I gave her a sympathetic look, "That sucks, not a good move on his side." She nodded her head in agreement before starting to walk down the hall again, "Hey! Are you heading back to your room?" I quickly catch up with her. She turned her head to the side and nodded, "Yeah, why?" I shrugged, "Mind if I come with? My room's lonely." I shot her a smile.