05. Death Wish

"I can't afford to love someone, who isn't dying by mistake

"I can't afford to love someone, who isn't dying by mistake."

— Xanny

THROAT TIED, HEART IN KNOTS, she had no reason why she felt so weak. But she stepped in the walls of her old home in the eighth hour like her mother had ordered so.

"Oh, you comin' back so early?" her mother asked, chopping mangos in the kitchen.

She grinned, "Yeah," then plopped herself down on the small couch as she watched the news flicker before her eyes.

"But darling, why do you look so defeated?" she asked.

The girl stood up, "No, no. Just tired, Mum. By the way, I'm going to sleep soon."

Her mother shouted from the kitchen, "What? I thought you're sleeping in school?"

Then, she mumbled under her breath, "No. Not today."

And soon enough, she found herself cuddled under the sheets, more exhausted than anything else in the world. The clock was already striking eight-thirty but for some reason she couldn't keep her eyes shut. Ever since the start of the week, she had been feeling so different lately. She hated it. She hated the feeling of being so disturbed. She hated herself indeed. And what was worse about it was that she didn't know the reason behind the sudden uneasiness in her body.

So, as a result, she dressed up, grabbed her umbrella and sneakily left from her window. The light rain brushed against her tired face. Her earphones were once again buried in her ears. The night was as dark as the sullen clouds as she checked left and right of every street. It was empty and shivering cold, but it didn't matter to her. She continued to walk, slowly losing her way as the places she met were getting slightly unfamiliar. But it didn't matter to her.

Whenever her brain needed to refresh, she would always go to the local coffee shop to sip some stress out of her mind. It was Lucas's favourite place. But in order to get there, she had to cross a few train tracks.

Jumping around to the music in the empty area that had acres and acres of grass, she twirled and sang.

Hands lifted in the air, she felt a sense of freedom.

Being completely absent-minded of the flashing lights that were heading towards her at the corner of eye.

Aswell as the multiple bells of a train approaching.

Then everything went dark, just like the hollow sky above her.

~*~

"Are you insane?" he growled. "Do you have a death wish?"

Removing her ear piece, she looked around just to realise where she was and what just happened. Was she dead? She swore that she saw bright lights run over her. She swore that everything went dead silent for a moment. She swore that that was the end of her.

Although they were already soaking wet, he opened her umbrella and took her by the hand. The second she saw his face, bitterness was all that rose in her cheeks. The same feeling coursed through her veins once again. But she couldn't stay mad. It wasn't for long enough until tears helplessly escaped from her eyes. She whimpered and he calmly wrapped and pulled her in for a hug.

She was different. She wasn't just a regular girl who played the violin.

He needed to figure out what was behind her fragile frame.

_____________

mmMmm yall i'm so excited!! just to keep yall hype and to save you from the boredom of this, do you think that noah is really nice? or is he faking it? ;) (•̀•́)و read to find outtt