Emotions Are Unpredictable Aren't They

Izuku stopped at the crosswalk. Kyouka didn't meet him there anymore. He was about to sigh but stopped himself. He huffed up his chest. "No more feeling sorry for myself!" The grip on his backpack straps tightened and he stepped forward.

He crossed the street, and as soon as he stepped on the new sidewalk, he heard loud shuffling, like a motor... 'Wait a minute?' He turned his head. "Iida?!"

"Midoriya! I am so sorry!" Iida screeched to a stop and bowed down in an apology.

"Eh?!" Midoriya was awkwardly panicking. "W-What did you do I-Iida?"

Iida kept his bowed position. "I was the one who came up with the idea for the mall. At first, it was only supposed to be me, you, and Uraraka. But things escalated so quickly that I reevaluated the situation. When I saw you and Bakugou separate from us, I thought that would be Uraraka's best shot for some privacy with you. When we ran into you, I fled before I ruined her chances." He squeezed his eyes shut. "But I wasn't aware of your relationship with Jirou, I only found out till after the fact. If it wasn't for me, you and Jirou would still be meeting here at the crosswalk! And for that, I am truly sorry!"

Izuku kept blinking with confused eyes, absorbing all the information. He had spent the whole day yesterday thinking of All-Might's words. He gave Iida a weak smile. "Thanks for telling me, but it wasn't your fault, Iida."

Iida shook his head. "Uraraka told me everything. I have to make this right. I will talk to Jirou, I promise I'll fix this Midoriya!" He was about to turn and take off. Midoriya grabbed his shoulder, halting him.

"Iida, please wait." Izuku's smile faded away. He had thoughtful eyes. "How would your explanation fix anything?"

"But it's the least I can-"

Izuku shook his head. "Blindly rushing in will only create more problems, if you explain that to Kyouka, then it would only sound like a conspiracy against her, and even more reason for her to push me away." Repeating All-Might's words. He met Iida's eyes. "Besides I told you, it wasn't your fault."

"H-How can you say that? I basically pushed you and Uraraka together!" Looking for an acceptance of his own guilt. He felt like a true villain, pulling the strings behind the curtain.

"Because it was my fault."

"Midoriya..."

Izuku released his grip on Iida's shoulder and they began to walk side by side. "At the mall, I went to go look for Kyouka, but I ran into Uraraka like you said, and I told myself, that it would have been selfish to abandon her..."

"That is reasonable enough." Iida fixed his glasses.

"But if that was true, then why didn't I just bring her along to look for Kyouka or at least the rest of you... I think deep down some part of me was still holding out for her." He had shadowed eyes. "Especially after Kacchan told me Kaminari was going to ask Kyouka out. I fell into a trap of my own insecurity. If I lost Kyouka, I thought I would still have Uraraka to fall back on... But that was the worst thing I could have done. I was insensitive to my feelings, Uraraka's and most of all Jirou's. When Uraraka kissed me, I thought, this was okay, if I ended up with Uraraka then I would be fine with it, Kyouka would have Kaminari and everyone would be happy. That's what I wanted to want, so I kissed her back, but it was wrong, and I think Kyouka felt that too, I was only giving her excuses... Even if it was only for a moment. I still kissed her." Izuku spent the whole night admitting it to himself. His conflicting emotions. "I ignored the situation because I was scared. I messed up Iida, not you."

Iida had wide eyes at his confession. It did relieve the guilt he was carrying, but it brought a new feeling of sympathy towards his close friend. "Midoriya, I," He didn't know what to say. His friend had clearly suffered throughout the weekend fighting with himself. To come to this conclusion must be difficult and even harder to admit.

"Huh? S-Sorry Iida, I think I just needed someone to listen to me." Izuku rubbed his eyes. He knew his words were honest, but that's what hurt him. 'I wasn't a hundred percent into the relationship as I thought I was.'

Iida rigorously shook his head. "Midoriya if the least I could do was listen then I am grateful to have helped!" He patted Midoriya's back. "Besides, it's hard to stop you when you ramble."

"Huh? Iida is that a joke?" He slowly cracked a grin.

Iida smiled as a reply. "So what will you do now?"

Izuku had his hand to his chin beginning to think out loud of every possible outcome.

Iida sweatdropped. "That's the rambling I'm used to..."

"I guess the best thing to do is get to know Kyouka better. Not only about her interest, but also her personality and emotions, I lacked that information when we started our relationship, but in return, I also want her to know me, just as intimately. I can't smash through this situation with my fists."

Iida was about to nod, but Izuku kept rambling.

"I also have to make things clear for Uraraka. She must be confused as well. I can't just leave her hanging. It would be best if we could still be friends. Let's see, is there anyone else I'm forgetting? That's right, Kaminari. If he also has feelings for Kyouka and uses this situation to his advantage then it's a lose-lose, but if I talk to him maybe..." He nodded to himself. "I've cleared all the conditions to move forward. I didn't leave anyone out."

Except he did...

~Yesterday~

Jirou opened the door. "Hey, Momo. I'm glad you came." But her voice didn't carry her upbeat rhythm. It was a melancholic melody.

Momo smiled. "Of course I would! After hearing about yours and Midoriya's sudden mishap, I assumed you would need a friend, and I'm guessing Kaminari wouldn't be your first choice." She stepped inside after Jirou waved her in.

She sighed at Momo's reasoning. "I'm such a mess, aren't I? First Kaminari and now Izuku." Jirou was in wrinkled PJs. Momo pretended not to notice her baggy, puffy, bloodshot eyes.

"N-No, of course not." She glanced around. "Are you parents not home? I brought some of that special order tea, your mother mentioned last time."

"Hm, I guess not. You know how it is with their busy schedule." She began walking up the stairs. "Come on, we can chill in my room."

"Y-Yes, I'd very much like that..."