Chapter Five

Mal's pov

|In the hallway|

I was at my locker with Evie, then Evie said bye and walked to her class. I was about to close my locker until I heard Chad start to talk. "Those kids are trouble" He says, and Audrey has a look on her face like she agrees.

"Come on, Chad. You need to give them a chance" Ben says, trying to get them to give us a chance. Then Audrey starts to talk and I zone out until she and Chad walk away. Ben turns around and sees me, and walks towards me.

"Hey!" He greets me. We talk, then I see Jane Fgm's daughter walk by into the bathroom, so I walk after her. "Hi! It's Jane right? Always loved that name. Jane" I say as nice as I can. She looks at me like she's scared.

She starts to walk away from me, so I yell out to her not to go. We talk about things, then she brings up hair and I think for a quick something then moms spell book came into my mind. "You know what? I have just the thing for that" I open the book flipping through  the pages until I find it and read it real quick and say the chant it. "Beware, forswear, replace the old with brand new hair" I close the book and do the movements then look back at Jane.

We continue to talk until I get her to try and convince her mom to get out her magic wand.

~At the chemistry lab~

Y/n's pov

I'm currently in chemistry with Evie and Doug. And Chad. Evie keeps staring dreamily at Chad.  Then Evie starts talking, "Any chance he's in line for a throne? Anywhere in line?" I roll my eyes and think in my head 'He's not worth your time Evie!'  Then Doug starts to talk pulling me out of my thoughts. "Chad. Prince Charming, Jr. Cinderella's son. Chad inherited the charm, but not a lot of there there, know what I mean?" He says.

"Looks like there there to me" She says sighing dreamily. I roll my eyes and facepalm. Then Mr.Deley calls on Evie to do the math problem and she aces it. "I forget. Always a mistake to underestimate..." He trails of and she finishes his sentence. "A villain? Don't make it again" She walks back to us and she catches eye with Chad and he gives her a note. I sigh knowing that this isn't gonna end well.