2

"What are you smiling about?"

Elina giggled as she hugged a pillow close to her chest, leaning against Natasha's headboard.

"What?" The Romanoff laughed as she climbed onto the bed, resting on her knees as she looked down at Elina.

"You're just perfect."

Natasha scoffed, softly moving away the pillow as she took Elina's hands in her own.

"I'm far from perfect."

"But you're perfect for me," Elina whispered as she kissed the girl's hands. "And I love every second I'm with you." The brunette giggled once again, pushing herself up to press her lips to Natasha's.

The red head smiled into the kiss, threading her fingers through Elina's hair as she pulled the Cartwell girl closer.

"You that obsessed with me, Cartwell?"

"Maybe just a little."

"Ahem." The girls turned to see Steve in the doorway, smiling softly at them. "Sorry to interrupt, Tony wants us all in the conference room. Secretary Ross is here."

"What are you so happy about, old man?" Elina teased as Natasha pulled her from the bed, the two girls walking hand in hand beside Steve.

"It's just good seeing you two happy."

"Look at that, he cares about us." Elina faked a pout, moving to hug Steve's waist as they walked. "You're my favorite old man, you know that grandpa?"

Steve merely laughed, shoving the girl away softly.

Elina had the ability to make anyone in the compound smile. Whether it was teasing Steve, making Tony coffee in the mornings, sitting with Wanda and Vision. She always managed to do small things that everyone appreciated.

"Come on." Natasha urged the girl to her seat.

Elina sat in front of Sam and behind Vision, sticking her tongue out at the Wilson man as she sat. The Falcon put his hand up in an 'L' shape in retaliation, Elina stifling a laugh as Secretary Ross began speaking.

"Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing," the man started.

"Shame he didn't die." Elina glanced over her shoulder as she whispered, meeting Tony's eyes as the Stark held back a snort. Tony wasn't sitting at the table with the rest, he was sitting in the corner of the room behind Steve.

And now that she thought about it, Elina realized the strain in Tony's posture. He was angry.

"Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after thirteen hours of surgery and a triple bypass, I found something forty years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective." Ross nodded with a small grin. "The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives, but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some," he paused with a small sigh. "Who would prefer the word vigilantes."