lynn

lynn bolted through the forest, her power prickling at her fingertips. how infuriating could mae be? she knew that lynn didn't like hearing her old name. worst of all, she knew where eric was! and she didn't fucking tell her!

that wouldn't matter though. she knew someone who could find people easily. but they lived a bit far away.

"dorothy? is that your name, sweetie?" a doctor shined a bright light into her fifteen year old eyes.

"y-yes. who are you? where am i?" lynn asked, struggling against leather straps that held her hands down.

"you're safe. my name is eric and i hear you have gifts." the young doctor said, pulling off his mask.

she narrowed her eyes. "how old are you? you look way too young to be a doctor."

"i'm almost twenty. my birthday is in a month. how old are you, gorgeous?"

"fifteen."

lynn stopped in her tracks, clenching her fists tight. she had to find them. she met them when she was in that hellhole. they helped her survive. they were powerful. but not as powerful as lynn.

she took a deep breath and held her hands above her head, concocting an electrical storm.

"dorothy is powerful, brenner. so far, we found out that she can teleport, create storms, and fix machines. we can't kill her. at least not yet."

the old man frowned, glancing at the younger version of lynn cowering in the corner of a cell. "can she withstand torture?"

eric froze, his eyes flickering over to hers, uncertain. "uh, i'm sure that's not necessary-"

"if we want her to be our weapon, she needs to be able to withstand even the greatest of pains." brenner cut in, his face completely emotionless.

eric sighed. "all right."

lynn's eyes became blood red. the storm worsened as it engulfed her, transporting her to rome. where zale was.

the raging girl took a deep breath, forcing herself to calm down before she drew unwanted attention. zale was easy to work with. they only demanded a small price, most of the time. but lynn was sure that since she was a friend, zale would help her for free.

lynn knocked on the door, her lips drawing into a flirtatious smile when her friend opened the door. "hello, zale."

zale rolled their eyes. "oh, it's you."

lynn brushed past them, letting herself in. "i love what you've done with the place, zalie."

zale closed the door behind them. "i thought brenner still had you."

"he did. but my girlfriend set me free."

zales eyes widened and they closed the door. "you? a girlfriend? who would fall for..well all that?"

lynn frowned but chose to ignore the comment, instead making herself comfy on the couch. "i need a favor."

zale sighed and sat down on the armchair. "of course you do. what is it?"

"i need you to locate someone for me."

zale crossed their arms. "is it eric?"

lynn smiled, kicking her feet excitedly. "yes! how did you know?"

zale frowned, getting up and strolling over to the kitchen. "want some tea?"

"no thank you." lynn said, standing up as well. "so, will you help me, dear dear friend?"