01

I made sure to sigh loud enough for Theo to hear as I stood over his shoulder.

"Yes?" He asked without looking up from his book.

"You shouldn't be up so late. You have things to do in the morning." I reminded him.

"I'm not done with my studies." He replied, finally turning to meet my stare. "You shouldn't have to stay up late because of me, go get some rest."

"You know I can't do that."

"I'll be fine, what's the worst that could happen in a library?" He reasoned.

"Your great great great grandmother was assassinated in a library." I reminded him, though I doubt he knew that.

He gave me a look that told me my argument hadn't convinced him. He's been obsessed with studying and training for weeks now. The pressure of leading a nation would soon be on his shoulders, and he wanted to be ready for it. Any chance he got, he would sneak down here and read up on history and government.

Even when it came to family, he could lose anyone and get away. Except for me, of course, he could never shake me off his trail.

"You're starting to get sleepy, Prince."

"No, I'm not. And how many times have I told you to call me Theo?"

With that, he laid his head on his desk and started to drift off, leaving me to carry him to bed, per usual.

Once I reached Theo's room, the two guards stationed outside opened the door to let me through. I put him to bed, and tucked him in. He turned on his side, and I stole a glance at his peaceful state. He had the smoothest skin and silky hair, and soft plush lips. He looked like an angel.

I sighed to myself before heading to my personal quarters, which was connected directly to the prince's quarters. As I laid down in bed, I couldn't help but think back to the first time I met the prince.

I had just been knighted by the king himself, and was exploring the castle as I had never been granted free roam before. That's when I saw him, Prince Theodore, just walking around. His eyes locked with mine, before I snapped back to reality and bowed in his presence. He just rolled his eyes and told me to standup.

"Are you going to do that every time you run into me?" He asked in a bored tone.

"If you want me to, Sire" I answered, unsure of what to expect.

He eyed me for a moment before speaking up again.

"Weren't you just knighted today?"

"Yes, I am Sir Lyon."

"You're pretty young, Sir Lyon, must really know how to swing your sword around." He commented. "Why aren't you still at the ceremony celebrating?"

"Oh, I've never been to the castle before, so I thought I'd explore."

"Would you like a tour?" He offered.

"You want to give me a tour?" I asked, the confusion evident in my voice.

I didn't understand why the prince of Ordo was offering to give me a tour. It felt I should've been offering him some kind of service.

"Yes, I'd enjoy having a companion to talk with." He responded.

"Well, if it would please you."

I paused to look around, noticing that the prince was wandering around during an event open to the public without any knights.

"Um, shouldn't there be a knight guarding you?" I asked.