Chapter 1

You looked terrible. Your (h/c) hair were disheveled. Your eyes were dull and the eye-bags beneath your eyes made you look like you are about to die any second. 

Today's the day that you will defend your research and you haven't slept a wink from reviewing your papers.

You sat upright in your bed, and clutched the papers you were holding. As you were about to close your eyes, the alarm beside your bed suddenly went off but it didn't matter... you slapped the poor alarm clock and went straight out of your room.

After chugging three glasses of coffee, you got ready for school and in a flash you were finished. The sun is just starting to rise.

If you were a normal student who commutes you'll arrive at school too early, but that was not the case.

You are poor. Living from your deceased mother's pension, you avoid spending any chance you get so you'll walk.

Slowly so you won't get too tired. Early enough to reach your school in the nick of time. As you, walk you thought about how your research would become your stepping stone towards recognition. 

All of your classmates have demonstrated their intelligence and proved that they deserve to be part of the special education program for the gifted in Yokohama, all of them---except you.

Because you see, you are not an ordinary student and you are definitely not enrolled in a normal school. The special education program for the gifted is run by the government. 

They scout students who are gifted and at the same time possess a high intelligence from ordinary schools, then they train these students to become part of the special gifted operations division upon graduation. At first glance the school you are attending seems like a normal highschool, however underneath lies a complex tunnel that connects it to the gifted special division branch in Yokohama.

Upon arriving at the school-gate you stopped and breathed a heavy sigh.

A secured high paying job upon graduating highschool is indeed a good premise but you have been failing at almost every subject.

"Goodmorning (y/n)" Tsujimura called.

Her greeting brought you back to reality. Tsujimura is one of your classmates. Platinum blonde hair with big eyes and an elegant nose, she's also one of the beauties in the class, not to mention she's very graceful too.

"Goodmorning Tsujimura-chan." you responded weakly.

She laughed when she saw how you looked and put a hand on your shoulder.

"You look so drained!" she said as you both went inside the school gate.

"I am drained." you answered and she laughed once again.