Chapter Fifteen - Link

Link had lived a long and painful life. When he was only five years old, his parents vanished off the very face of the earth, abandoning him and his uncle. His uncle tried his best, he raised him all by himself on his apple farm. When Link had turned 14, the Kingdom had been under a brief attack, his uncle had been recruited to protect the King and died fighting. As payment, one of the Knights that fought by his Uncle's side took him in and trained him.

A year later, he learned what the strange mark on his hand meant, he fought his way through the hordes of monsters ravaging Hyrule, he found the Master Sword, he met Zelda for the first time, he had been knighted and worked hard to rise through the ranks. 2 years later he knew what he had to do, he tried to defeat Ganondorf, to purge him from the Gerudo Desert. He met Saiota, still one of the strongest most impressive people he'd ever met, she deserved so much better. Once he thought Saiota had Ganondorf under control, he returned to Akkala, returned to his apple orchard. It was a peaceful life, he loved every second of his solitude. And yet, he knew that he couldn't stay away forever.

He had fallen in love with Zelda, he couldn't stay away from her forever. He stood by her side no matter what, he supported her when she was doubtful of her abilities, when she was weak.

When Saiota died and they had defeated Ganondorf, he didn't run away again, he stood by Zelda's side and a year later they got married. Soon after they had Zariah. Zelda and Zariah made his life paradise, despite all of his hesitations of being King, they made it worth it. When Bahuma striked, the worst thing he ever did was force Zariah into the battle. She had been so brave, so incredibly brave. In the years that past, he watched as she suffered for it. 5 years ago when she started traveling the world, running away, never coming back home, he watched as Zelda cried for weeks, supporting her through it. He knew she took after him, she was running away just as he had.

When Zelda died he was distraught. He hadn't talked in months. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't bring himself to do anything in the weeks that passed.

Walking into Zariah's Coronation, he told himself this had to stop. He would never forget Zelda, he still loved her so, his heart throbbed whenever he remembered her passing, but he would have to be there for Zariah, for his daughter. He couldn't turn his back on her. He would protect her, no matter what.

He had already failed. Watching everything that had happened, unable to do a single thing, was the hardest thing he'd ever had to do in his life. Before, watching his daughter being tortured, he gave in, he surrendered his piece of the Triforce, anything to stop it.

He decided he couldn't let it continue. He was tired of waiting.

Once Aadil handed over the Triforce of Power, he had been dragged back to his feet. His hands had been tightly bound in rope, so had his feet. One of the men in red held a dagger at his side and a sword to his neck.

Their leader, a tall man differentiated from his men from the slight change in his mask and by his cloak, now raised his hand to touch the Triforce.

"You won't get away with this!" Jira, the last of the Sheikah, shouted.

The leader paused and looked at her, "I already have,"

He placed his hand upon its golden surface.

"Gods, hear my words," he said slowly, "Bind the Triforce to the power of the Goddess Hylia—"

His daughter's eyes widened in fear, "NO—!"

"Seal its powers away, seal all of it away, may it never touch this land again,"

The Triforce began to glow as his wish became reality.