[Chapter Five]

Finding the Prince

At first, there was little hope that Morgana would be able to leave her chambers, but since the unknown person had gotten in, it was deemed unsafe. Gaius had helped Morgana settle into Merlin's room while he was out collecting herbs.

By the time that Merlin walked in, Morgana was laid on his bed, asleep. He looked at Gaius.

"Why is Morgana in my room?"

"Simply because her chambers are unsafe."

"Where am I going to sleep?"

"Oh, I hadn't thought of that." Gaius chuckled and took the herbs from Merlin, walking to the kitchen. There was nothing at this point that could change Gaius's mind about where Morgana slept.

Merlin crept into his room, to put his jacket away, when Morgana started to toss in her sleep, one of her nightmares. He kneeled next to her and rubbed her arm gently, trying to calm her yet keep her asleep.

At first, it worked, but soon the nightmares were becoming too much and she started to cry. Merlin shook her, trying to wake her, but she didn't wake, just laid crying.

"Morgana! Wake up!" He yelled, hoping that she would wake up and all would be okay, she jumped awake and looked at Merlin, tears rolling down her face.

"Merlin.." she said just before hugging him, crying into his neck. "I'm scared, Merlin."

"I know, but it was just a nightmare, you're okay."

"Is Arthur okay?"

"Yes." He said, but his uncertainty was obvious, he didn't know where Arthur was or if he was even alive anymore. But he would soon find out. "And I'm going to find him, and bring him back."

Morgana looked at him, shocked. He rubbed her arm again then stood up, a smirk growing on his face "don't miss me too much, will you?" He chuckled, picking his bag up from beside the door.

"I'm going with you" Morgana said, sitting up, determined.

"No you're not, but good try."

"Yes I am, he's my half brother, I'm going with you to find him."

Merlin just sighed and walked of his door, looking at Gaius. Morgana followed closely behind, making her point that she would go even if Merlin said otherwise.

Gaius looked at Morgana, feeling skeptical about what was about to unfold. Merlin wore a slightly defeated look on his face, all he wanted to do was keep Morgana safe but he also wanted to find Arthur and save him. This would definitely test his ability to protect Morgana as they wouldn't be in the safety of Camelot.

Morgana saw his face and put a hand on his shoulder, as if to tell him that she could protect herself, something he already knew. Merlin knew deep in his heart that Morgana was perfectly able to look after herself, yet he couldn't see himself not trying to protect her.

He looked over his shoulder, making eye contact with Morgana, there eyes flickering with some form of happiness that they felt when around each other. They didn't quite know what it was, but they both liked the feeling.

When Merlin faced Gaius once again, he finally spoke.

"I'm going to find Arthur and bring him back." Gaius just nodded, knowing that even if he tried to intervene, Merlin would just sneak out anyway.

"And I'm going with him." Morgana said, which resulted in Gaius's face falling and Merlin slightly rolling his eyes. He knew that she had to come with him if he were to protect her and find Arthur but he truely did wish there was another way.

"Lady Morg-"

"There's no use Gaius, I've already tried to stop her. Plus I'll make sure that she doesn't die while out on this hunt." Merlin said, trying to act like he was completely certain that he was capable of keeping them both alive.

"Just being Arthur back. I expect all three of you to return." Gaius warned, knowing that Merlin would do anything to get Arthur back home, even if it meant sacrificing himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------
670 words
I'm so sorry that this chapter took so long for me to make. Quarentine has really taken a toll on my mental and physical health, I have just lost motivation for pretty much anything. This chapter is short I know but I wanted to get something out for you guys, again, I'm sorry.

- Ruth