Pool Moments

A/N: told you I'm trying to write moore. Ngl I finished writing this listening to Hayley Kiyoko so it feels extra gay.

Prompt: Person A and person B: *staring into each other's eyes* / Person C: *opens a soda can* / Person A: We're having a moment here. / Person C: I'm having a cola.

-----

Camila took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

It'd been so long since she'd seen them.

So much had happened. They may have eventually got back onto good terms but Camila knew they weren't as close as before.

Especially not her and Lauren.

Camila had never understood heartache until she'd quit Fifth Harmony. She thought the songs were over-exaggerating. No one could be in pain from leaving something behind. It just didn't sound reasonable.

Her heart had ached every day since she'd left.

No one had answered the door yet. Camila bit her lip and raised her hand to knock again.

The door was yanked open and Camila found herself grinning at the Polynesian on the other side.

"Chancho." Dinah said with a grin.

"Cheechee." Camila replied before launching into her arms and tumbling back into the house.

"So good to see you." Dinah mumbled before breaking the hug and turning back to the hallway. "Other three are out back by the pool."

"Pool party? Damn should've said so," Camila whined, "I don't have anything with me."

"I'm sure Laur's got something that'll fit you." Ally said as she walked into the hallway with a wide smile.

"Allllllyy." Camila squealed, launching into another tight hug, hoping her excitement could explain her red cheeks.

Lauren's swimsuit/bikini on her? Wait if Lauren's got spare then she knew about the pool... which means she'd have one for herself already.

Camila could feel her cheeks burning the further her thoughts spiralled.

"Come on space-pants. Sun and alcohol await." Dinah said, steering her towards the back doors.

Camila's eyes got wide and she almost turned on her heel and ran. Yet the second she saw Lauren bobbing in the pool, hair slicked back and water dripping down her cheeks, Camila felt all other thoughts leave her head.

"Close your mouth Mila." Her head snapped around to the new voice and saw Normani smirking at her from a sun lounger. Camila rolled her eyes and leaned over to give her a hug, and to give her a second to get her mind out the gutter.

"Hush." Camila whispered before turning around to face Lauren.

She couldn't tell if it was good timing or not.

Lauren had just dragged herself out of the pool, smiling at Camila before moving past her to grab a towel from next to Normani. Camila couldn't help but notice the water slowly dripping down her arms, the fresh tan slowly beginning to show against the dark material of Lauren's bikini.

Camila almost had to bite down on her hand when Lauren bent over for the towel. Instead she coughed over a squeak that had Dinah snickering at her side. Lauren spun around and grinned at Camila.

"Hey, long time no see."

Camila nodded before realising words would be helpful.

"Yeah, yes. Hi." Camila stumbled over her words before turning back to Dinah. "Swimsuits?"