Chapter 13: Goodbye LA Fancy Job and Hello Screwing Around

Macey's POV

Ever since I met the Lynches, I have been there every chance I got. After work, I would rush to change before driving over and hangout with them until late into the night. Everything seemed to be falling into place. 

"Macey, you're fired."

"What?!" I shouted. 

"Your work has not been up to par. We feel that you haven't been working as well as you have in the past." Jeffory told me. 

"Are you serious? I've worked my ass off everyday. I'm here an hour early everyday!" Jeffory scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

"Macey, on your last report, you doodled your name and this guy named Ross all over it. Then, they're a whole bunch of R5's? And hearts with you and Ross' names in them. This is unacceptable." 

"You have no proof that I did that." He held up my report. 

"Ooh, that report. Oops?" I laughed awkwardly and ran my fingers through my hair. 

"Well, Macey. You had a good run but it's time. We're going to need you to pack up your stuff and clean your office out by 3 o'clock." I was angry.

"You are going to regret this. I'll get a job somewhere better." I walked out of his office and slammed the door. I felt tears in my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I pulled out my phone and dialed a number.

"Mace?" 

"Ross? I need you to come get me." 

"What? Are you okay? What's wrong? It's 10 in the morning. Where are you?" 

"I'm at work and I'm trying not to breakdown so can you please just get me?" I heard him sigh.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes." 

After we hung up, I went to my office that I shared with Lexi. Lexi was at her desk, writing a report. I started to pack up my things. 

"What are you doing?" Lexi asked.

"Packing my things." 

"I know that! Why?" she shrieked.

"I don't work here anymore." I whispered. 

"WHAT?" she shouted. She looked angry. 

"I'm going to go give Jeff a piece of my mind!" she stood up and went to storm off to his office. 

"No, Lexi!" I grabbed her arm. "Don't do that! I don't want you to get fired too!"

"I won't. Trust me." She ripped out of my grasp and down the hall. I packed up my final things and looked out the window. I saw Ross and Rocky come out of a car and start to enter the building. I looked out one more time at the beautiful view of LA. Since I lived in Northridge, only a couple minutes from the Lynches, (Don't ask me how I found out where they live) I wouldn't be able to see LA as much as I wanted to. I went downstairs and the second I saw Ross, I broke down. I hugged him and he comforted me. I sobbed into his shoulder. 

"It's going to be okay, Mace. We'll get through it. I will be by your side through this, okay?" I nodded and he kissed my forehead.

Rocky went to find Lexi. Ross helped me put my things in the car. He kissed me lightly and looked into my eyes.

"We will find you a new job. And we will do everything in our power to make him regret what he's missing." I looked at him and kissed him. He made it deeper and pulled me closer to him. When we pulled away, he put his forehead on mine. We were breathing heavy. 

"How did I find someone like you?" I asked quietly after some silence. He smiled at me. 

"I think I'm the lucky one." He pulled me in for another wild kiss.