chapter six

x CHAPTER SIX x
secrets revealed

x CHAPTER SIX xsecrets revealed

~<x>~

Once Josie was sure the kids were okay, she immediately had them sit on the concrete out front, at least what was left of it while Josie stood stone faces in front of them. Alex was the first to speak, "So, you're a mutant too?"

Josie looked at him and nodded hesitantly. Raven looked shocked at her, "Why didn't you say anything?!"

"Hey. Raven, ease up." Hank tried to soothe the clearly angry girl.

Josie looked away from the group and tried to contain herself as her fingers flirted between a firm ice blue - fear - and deep grey - sadness. She didn't speak as she walked away from the group to think. Her arms firmly wrapped themselves around her torso as she felt herself losing control. Her body pulsed different colors as she sat on top of a car covered in debris far enough away where she could keep to herself but not so far as to lose sight of the young mutants put under her care.

A car pulled up in front if the mutants and Josie heard them all talking about avenging Darwin. She stared up into the dusty morning sky, willing herself to find her composure as she overheard Moira frantically ask where Josie was.

She felt the aura before she saw it, the intensity of his gaze before she even met his. Erik Lensherr was coming towards her and she looked down at her still stained body. Figuring there was no use in hiding any longer, she wiped her face free of any tears and stood up onto the pavement. Moira gasped, Charles stood in astonishment but Eriks eyes held a knowing look.

Josephine March stood tall, her body flickering from ice blue to a now dull grey. She looked at Moira, then at Charles who she felt search her head. They all examined her, so much so that she felt exposed, a ripple of magenta - embarrassment - shot through her. Erik was the only one to speak, "Why?"

Josie felt Charles's presence leave her mind, his aura a deep gray to match her own. He saw the very thing she never wanted anyone to see, the reason she hid herself, even from her own kind. With careful steps, Josie made her way to the tall man whose sunglasses were held in a tight fist. His aura was a lighter shade of red - anger - and a dark pink - lust? At a time like this?! - alongside a yellow-green - worry.

She looked at Charles who understood immediately as she said, "No good ever came from telling someone you can manipulate them. Human or Mutant. Besides, I'm useless, last night only proves that."

"Your parents," Charles spoke as Josie winced, "I'm so sorry."

Josie smiled sadly and took a deep breath, "What's next?"

Charles sighed and sent her a reassuring smile as he glanced at Erik whose gaze hadn't left Josie. The telepath guided Moira away who was trying to figure out what to say to her partner. Josie shut her eyes tightly, willing away the colors to her toes before exhaling the breath she held in. Opening her eyes, she saw Eriks usually intense gaze soften.

"Are you alright?" He uttered the words stoically but with an underlying tone of worry.

At his careful question, Josie looked at the man, a sickening smile overtaking her face. Tears welled in her eyes as she whispered, "No."

Erik looked away from the woman, his gaze fixating on something off to the side before he was offering his hand to her. Josie looked down to find his black sunglasses outstretched towards her. He didn't say anything as she slipped them onto her face to hide her reddened eyes, waiting for her to start walking before he followed closely behind her to the others.

~<x>~

A loud thump followed after Josie threw her two suitcases onto the bed. She had run into the home with Alex to pick rooms. She had found a small room with an overtly large window facing the gigantic backyard. An equally large satellite disk stood tall just beyond the trees.

The sun was still high up in the sky where she could get a long walk in before dinner. She found that walking helped greatly when she needed to clear her head. Josie speedily changed into an opal colored turtle neck and dark blue belle bottom jeans, tucking the sweater into the waist band. Her hair fell just past her shoulders as she pulled it free from the turtleneck sweater.

She slipped on a pair if flats and left her room. She carefully pulled the door shut and faced the hallway. Startled, she flashed ice blue - panic - that rippled down to her feet when she saw Erik exiting his own room directly across from her.

"Erik!" She greeted, "You startled me."

Erik gave her an amused smirk, "My apology's! Where are you going?"

"Just for a quick walk." Josie stated with a smile before she realized something, "Oh wait!" She went back into her room, Erik following after her as she grabbed his sunglasses from her bed. She handed it to him, their fingers brushing as he took them from her.

Erik tapped them against his open palm, "Do you mind if I join you? On your walk."

Josie looked into Eriks eyes, refusing to look at his aura, willing herself to look only at the clear blue of his irises as she said, "Okay."

the color of metalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara