Chapter 1.

I hear the wind hitting the tree, loudly. Even though I know its just the wind, and the loud storms, I can't help but believe it is a person, lurking in my yard. I mean, the trickling of the branches on the grass, the howling of the wind, its the perfect setting.

This weather has always been a favorite of mine. I love the deep, mysterious vibe of it. Reading on the sofa, with tea by the fire is how I enjoy spending my days.

Edgar Allen Poe; one of the greatest poets in history. He inspires me. He had such a deep, dark and depressing life. Loss after loss, he became terrified of losing anyone else. He turned to writing to cope, which is what I enjoy doing.

Theres nothing greater than his poem, "Annabel Lee." It shows the tragedy of romance, and why we should never fall in love. He has lost so many people, then he loses the love of his life. Don't fall in love, theres just too much to lose.

Back to reality, though. I hear my mothers alarm, waking her up. I tend to stay awake all night. I love the feeling of being alone at night, alone with my thoughts. Its an amazing time to write. The dark and dreariness of it.

I love haunting things. The tragically beautiful, some must call it. Thats only in the movies though, and my life is definitely not a movie.

I hear my mother rustling around in the kitchen, rushing to get ready as fast as she can. My father abandoned us some two years ago. I used to think that my mother needed him, little did I know she was better off alone.

I knew this was my cue to get my sister ready for school. Shes eleven years old, and one of the only things in this live that keep me sane. I love her, more than the stars orbiting the earth. I love her more than a soul can love a soul.

Thank you for listening to my dragging on, and on.

A/N:

I'll update at 100 reads, thank you all!!

Twitter: @dollhouselovato