Part One: The Boy and the Girl

"Wakey wakey! Time to get up, it's a bright and beautiful sunny day!" A cheerful voice practically yells in my ear

I push myself up, rubbing my eyes tiredly as I mumble, "What time is it?"

"I already told you! Time to get up!" I look to the source of the voice- I guess you could call her my roommate- seeing she's already dressed, sporting her typical pink tank-top with a rainbow heart graphic and her colorful, nonsensical skirt right alongside her bracelets and such. She bounces in place, every click of her flipflops only accentuating how she's far too energetic this morning.

"Come back tomorrow," I grumble, knowing it's way too early for my taste, and I pull my blanket back over my head.

"Hey, don't be like that! C'mon, it's time to get up!" She yanks off the blanket and I shoot her a glare, but she only puts her hands on her hips defiantly. "We don't have all day, and it's not healthy to sleep until tomorrow! How many times have I told you that?"

"Fine, fine. Get out so I can get dressed."

She at least has the decency to give me that much space, leaving the room. I change into my dark denim jeans with ripped knees and my black, long-sleeved shirt with white cross-hairs on the chest, afterwards pulling on my black socks and converse. Next, I grab my gray fur wrap and tie part of it around my waist, letting the rest of it drape behind me. The last step is to clip on a dark blue choker around my neck, making sure the buckle isn't digging in.

After that, all there's left to do is comb my hair, which falls over my right eye as always.

The moment I step out of my room, Posilyn's right at my side and grabbing my arm. I'm so used to this that she doesn't even catch me off balance as she begins hauling me away with her.

She takes me to our entertainment room, handing me the blue controller.

"Really, Posilyn? Video games right off the bat? I'm too tired to play right now," I sigh, and she pouts.

"Pretty please, Negito? I'll pick the easy levels until you're bright-eyed and bushy tailed!"

Sighing, I simply sit down in the bean bag chair and power on the console. She cheers victoriously, leaping into her own chair.

We play her favorite racing game as our usual characters, on all the basic levels. Although, I think I would rather have just played the hard ones to soften the sting of losing in last place ten times now.

"You know, it's weird how we have power up in the sky! You'd think we'd have to have a really, really, really long power cord!" She says after winning first for the tenth time.

I resist rolling my eyes, because she knows that the palace is powered by magic energy, I've told her this about a million times. "Yeah, it's wack. Anyways, let's start picking the hard levels so it's not so obvious that I suck."