Wattpad Original
There are 17 more free parts

Chapter One

She was ridiculously popular.

A freshman at our state school and she was already one of the most sought-after females on the entire campus, so of course the universe declared that she shall be my roommate.

Oh, joy.

They paired the most attention seeking girl with the one who was trying the most to blend into the background and basically be invisible, almost like the world was having one big old laugh at my expense.

Har har, not funny!

Dark chocolate luscious hair and warm caramel skin, she was the epitome of gorgeous and I would have praised her on that fact had the first words out of her mouth not have been, "This side is mine, that's yours. If you stay on your side and don't bug me then we'll be good. Kay? Kay."

Blair Sorensen was in a class all her own, and I swore she would have made the perfect sorority sister but according to one of her conversations that I'd eavesdropped on, her parents didn't want her to join a sorority her first year so she could focus on her schoolwork and not spend it goofing around with a bunch of girls.

I had to admit that although sororities could be misconstrued to be party groups, they did do a lot of charitable work and were good for communities and I had thought once upon a time of joining my mom's alma mater, Kappa Theta Delta, but that was a lifetime ago. That was before I lost Ryan.

Her eyes zeroed in on me once again, and although we were already two weeks into school, she still filled me with a little bit of fear and uneasiness, and I hated that she could do that to me.

"Felicity, is this your yogurt in the fridge?"

I stared her point blank in her dark brown eyes and thought, here we go again.

"I'm the only one of us who buys it so yes, that would be mine."

She flipped her shoulder length hair around her and snapped a laser focused glare on me. I groaned and rolled my eyes internally as she began her speech.

"You know this yogurt is three days past expiration. If you keep leaving expired foods in the fridge, they're going to stink up everything! I always tell you this and you—are you even listening to me? Ugh, I so need a new roommate."

Me too, sistah.

"Look, if it's expired just throw it out, don't yell at me like you're my mom. Are we done here? I have studying to do."

She huffed and straightened her top from a designer she made sure I knew the name of when I complimented it one time, and began to clean up, making obnoxious noise as she did so.

"I'm going to the library."

I grabbed my book bag and tossed a glare over my shoulder as I left.

The people meandering in the hallway were all huddled around their phones so they didn't have to suffer the wrath of my angry stare, or as my best friend Daphne had named it, my 'resting bitch face'.

The obnoxious sounds of trendy music being danced to on popular social media filled my head even though I tried with all my might to ignore it.

His songs always got stuck in my head, almost like he was taunting me with his music.

Sawyer Reeves' song, "Waiting on Lonely" was blasting through every girl's phone speakers on my entire walk to the library and I almost bashed my head into a wall but finally perked up when I noticed Daphne sitting alone at a circular table in the library.