Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter Sixteen

I began walking faster and casting glances behind my back continuously to see if I could get a glance at who was following me.

I dialed Daphne's number which went to voicemail immediately followed by Connor's who also didn't answer.

Wow, talk about reliable.

Amy answered on the third ring as I had successfully made it to the halfway point between the cafe and the dorms.

My heartbeat was pounding behind my eardrums and I felt like a panic attack was about to rear its ugly head if I didn't get to safety.

"Heeeeeyyyy what's up girl?"

"Amy! I'm on my way back to the dorms and I think someone is following me!"

Voracious cackling and panting was blasted back at me through the speaker phone.

"Are you drunk?"

"Hey, don't judge. I was just-" she stopped for a hiccup, "attacked!"

I abruptly hung up on her as she would be of no help to me drunk.

I didn't want to call 9-1-1 in case it was just my nerves and waste resources, but I also couldn't call Matt or the guys because I didn't have their phone numbers surprisingly.

One of my only options left was someone who I wouldn't voluntarily call if we were the last two people on earth, but thankfully my phone began ringing before I had to make the call myself.

"Hello?"

I heard a rustling in the trees behind me and picked my pace into high gear as I broke off into a sprint.

"Are you with Amy? She called and sounded drunk and said something about someone following her?"

Footsteps pounded the hard pavement behind me at a quick pace so I turned up my sprint into a full out terror filled stampede.

"No-" I stopped talking so I could focus on breathing. I put the phone on speaker so I could pump both of my arms while running.

"I'm alone! I'm the one...being...chased!"

I couldn't stop my legs from pushing me faster than I had ever run before and stopped dead in my tracks when I noticed a dark hooded figure standing in front of the only way into the dorms from where I had been running.

The footsteps behind me didn't cease so I started running again, wondering where I could go.

I could probably make it to the library since I had the code to get inside the front door since I worked there...that was going to have to do.

"Where are you?! I'm coming."

"I'm...going to the...where I work. Can't say out loud, there's more than one of them I think!"

"Shit! I'm gonna call the cops on my way."

"Good...idea."

I didn't have time to analyze why he was helping me after how nasty I'd been to him, but I could feel the side stitch coming on and the urge to vomit in the nearest trashcan was becoming increasingly prominent.

"Hurry."

I hung up then and focused on the passing landmarks on my way to the library-the large fountain in the quad, the assortment of picnic tables in front of the cafeteria, the Willow trees in front of the library.

I could hear two distinct pairs of footsteps running after me, and I assumed the one who was guarding the dorm building had joined in my chase.

I had never let up on my pace and had about maybe ten seconds to punch in the code to the library and lock it back on the inside before they got me.