Spying isnt easy

A week later Hermione, Ron, Harry and Belladonna were sitting together drinking butter beer and looking awkwardly at each other. " So uh Belladonna.." said Ron, "Please call me Bella, Belladonna just sounds like your making a potion or something hahaha" she smiled awkwardly, to which Harry began chuckling. " Ok Bella. where is Ethel?"

"Oh she ah had some potions work she had to do."

"ah right then....Bella why are we here?" at that moment Hermione and Harry joined Ron's eager look and stared at Bella, who shifted uneasily in her seat.

"I honestly just wanted to get to know you three. My family hates you Harry...well actually all of you, but I know that you all must be really nice people. And I wanted to see that for myself. and maybe even become your friend." Harry broke his gaze and looked at the table where he began to carve his name.

" Does Malfoy know that you want to be our friend?"

"No, but that doesn't really matter because you would be my friends and who cares what he thinks, he doesn't control me."

"Are you genuinely serious Bella?" asked Hermione

"Yes! plus it's not as though I have loads of friends do I" she began to laugh softly.

"ok then" said Harry

"Ok!" Ron exclaimed shocked at Harry's sudden and quick decision.

"yeah ok. We are all going to into town later if you wanted to come?" Bella's face lit up, " I would love to." They all finished their butter beers and began to make their way back to the school. As Ron and Harry went ahead Hermione pulled Bella back. " Look if you are honestly playing some kind of trick then say because we have enough problems to deal with."

"No im pretty genuine. What kind of problems?"

"ahh stuff to do with you know who, and life in general."

"Look Hermione. I really do want to be your friend and I know you may not trust me but you can, in case you hadn't noticed i'm not much like my brother."

"Hahahaha well you are right there! well then how about we go and do some potions work? I have a stack that I really need to crack on with and Snape isn't exactly lenient."

" Sure." They both walked off arm in arm towards the school.

Later that night Ethel slumped on the floor next to Bella in the Slytherin common room. "How was your date with your new buddies..."

"Fine Ethel. You should hang out with us some time, they are actually quite funny people." Ethel flicked her long, straight brunette hair to the side and glanced at Bella before looking down at her nails. "I will be your friend Bella...but not theirs." With that Ethel flounced off to her dorm and Draco came over.

"Bell....have you....well found anything out?"  Bella slammed the book she was reading shut and began to make her way out of the common room. "I've only just started Draco! give me some time and back off!" Bella stormed out leaving Draco staring at the empty space where she had stood with a dazed look in his eyes. As Bella made her way out of the castle she ran right into Harry. "sorry!" they both said in unison. Harry for a moment caught Bella's eye and stared into it. He broke his gaze quickly and then started to apologize again. "Arrgh Bella I'm so sorry I should have looked where I was going..look your books all dirty now.."

"Harry, don't worry yourself. It was my fault to." she began to laugh softly "I should probably look up more when I'm walking" Harry and Bell stood looking at each other for another moment before Bella swiftly departed Harry's presence.