Chapter 2

Chapter 2~ Gaining Answers

Once he grabbed my hand I knew everything. His true name, his mission, and how he came to gain the Earldom. His family, his kidnapping, even his summoning and contract to the demon in black. I knew it all in a span of moments thanks to Athena's blessing. I could feel his hatred and thirst for revenge, it was livening!

"Now my lord, just focus on my voice and flow with me." I told him after we made it to my corner of the tent.

I set the record on the projector and took my pose.

(Dark woods circus vocaloid)

I spoke with the sirens' voice during the entire song:

"Oh, you're here, you're here!

Tonight we'll be showing the sad fate that some in this world carry.

Children that god has abandoned, restlessly creeping out.

Children who can't even carry the trembling limbs they were born with.

The crowns of their head that caress the dark clouds.

They smile as they dream of their mothers embrace.

Oh the deformity! DEFORMITY!"

(listen to the song with the dance moves I describe)

I glide across the floor and begin to step in a broken waltz by myself, acting like a broken doll.

(Different and more creepy voices) Then I harshly leap over and grab Smile as he tries to fight. We continue until he flows with me, trapped in the broken waltz.

(The softer and smoother voices-after creepy ones)

We spin and dip at the higher and lower parts of the song. He lets me go as I continue spinning and twirling in a more put together waltz. Then he comes back and twirls me.

(The rest of the song)

We continue in a broken waltz until the end of the song. We then act like puppets playing dead and we fall to the ground.

Once we heard clapping we both got up and bowed. I smirked at the young lord then I smiled.

Quickly I walked over to Joker, "Can Smile be a part of my act? I'd be willing to room with him too!" I gave them all my best puppy dog face, while Smile just stared. He was shocked; he didn't think I had this much influence over them.

Joker sighed, "I guess, just no funny business!" he tried to sound stern, but it just wasn't in his personality.

I smiled, "I'll show Smile to our new tent! See you all at dinner!" I grabbed Smile's hand and dragged him off.

When we got to our tent I shoved him inside and had him sit on the bed. I closed the tent flap so that we had some privacy. Then I looked at him, "What do you want to know? Choose wisely, questions can have double meanings when asked the wrong way." I smirked devilishly.

"Who are you?" He asked.

I sighed, "See there's an example of a question with a double meaning. I already told you who I am, my name is Siren Sin. Now my lord is that really the answer you wanted?" I smirked once more, teasing him a bit to see his reaction.

"Fine! What are you then?" he sounded annoyed. But I smiled brightly once more.

"That's more like it, and to answer you question I shall ask one of my own. Are you familiar with Greek mythology?" I began to walk towards him until I stood right in front of the young lord.

"Partly, I have not gone in depth when learning about it though...why?" he explained.

"Because, they are very important! I know that you are no stranger to the super natural, correct?" he nodded in reply, "Well then it shouldn't be any different. I am a blood descendant of the Greek god of death, Thanatos."

"What?" He looked puzzled, "What do you mean?"

"I mean exactly what I said! I am a blood descendant of the Greek god of death Thanatos, I also have a bit of siren blood in me." I smirked at his dumb expression.

"So you are a goddess?" he asked, still trying to process the information I gave him.

"I suppose I am, I have enough power to be considered one, but I'm not so arrogant as to start calling myself a god or goddess." I replied with an ironic smirk.

"What do you mean?" I seemed to peek his interest now.

I gave a bitter laugh before answering, "Ignorant people that choose to do nothing instead of standing on their own two feet put their faith and loyalties into a god, expecting him to free them from their troubles. None of them know true humiliation and suffering because instead of getting even or coming to terms with what happened they choose to become weak and lose their wills to live. Placing all of your hopes on something as trivial as a god, thinking that they will save you when in actuality we are abandoned the moment we need them most." I ended with an evil glint in my eyes as well as a hint of revenge coloring my tone.

He looked at me with a sense of understanding. And at that moment we exchanged an unspoken promise.

'I will never abandon you like god did to me all those years ago'