Chapter 2

The second set of introductions went by quickly. It turned out that the unicorn that had been shot was Shining Armor, Captain of the Equestrian Royal Guard and Cadence's husband. The other six began to introduce themselves.

The orange pony stepped forward. “Mah names Applejack, bearer of the Element of Honesty.”

“Element of Honesty?” Asked Schmitt.

Cadence spoke up. “Each of these young mares represents one of the six Elements of Harmony, powerful magic artifacts of friendship.” Schlesinger nodded.

The next to step up was the small white unicorn who had fainted. “My name is Rarity.” She said in a voice that sounded very posh and with an English sounding accent. “Bearer of the Element of Generosity.” Schlesinger gave a curt bow to her.

Next came the blue pegasus with the technicolored mane. “I’m Rainbow Dash, fastest flyer in Equestria, and bearer of the Element of Loyalty.” She held her head high with pride as she hovered a few inches off the ground.

Suddenly, Schlesinger felt a weight on his head, he looked up into an upside down pink face with huge light blue eyes. “Hi!” Said a high pitched voice. Schlesinger gave a small shout and stumbled back. The pink pony who he hadn’t noticed was missing jumped off his head, still wearing his officers cap. “I’m Pinkie Pie, i’m the Element of Laughter. Do you like cupcakes I LOVE cupcakes, i’ll have to make sure I have plenty at your party, of so much planning, I have to....” The accelerated speech was cut off as Applejack jammed a hoof in Pinkies mouth.

“Sorry Pardner.” She said. “Pinkie here gets excited around new ponies, or humans I guess.”

“So it seems.” Said Schlesinger, retrieving his cap from Pinkies head and putting it back on. Behind him Schmitt and Krous were still snickering.

The yellow pegasus stepped forward slowly. “My names Fluttershy” She said quietly.

Schlesinger put a hand to his ear. “Sorry, I didn’t catch that. Sitting next to an enormous cannon does things to your ears.”

“My name is Flutter.....” He voice petered out again.

“Sorry, didn’t catch that.” Said Schmitt.

All that came out next was an adorable whimper. Rarity stepped forward. “Her name is Fluttershy, she’s a little, well, shy.” She said. “She’s the bearer of the Element of Kindness.”

Schlesinger nodded. “A very pretty name.” He said. Fluttershy turned beetroot reed and hid behind Applejack.

The purple unicorn slowly stepped forward. She obviously hadn’t forgiven them about the incident with her brother. “Twilight Sparkle, Element of Magic. Personal student to Princess Celestia.”

“Pleasure.” Said Schlesinger. He noticed the reptile creature standing behind the group. “Who’s he?” He asked, pointing.

“The creature stepped forward. “I’m Spike, a baby dragon, and Twilight's number 1 assistant.”

Schlesinger looked at the other officers, then at Cadence. “There are dragons here too?” He asked.

“Yes, though not as common as Ponies, in these parts anyway.” Said Cadence.

“Well, this place keeps getting weirder and weirder.” Said Schlesinger. “First talking ponies, now talking Dragons, what next?”

“I just thought of something.” Said Schmitt. Everyone turned to look at him. “How come you ponies speak German.”

The ponies looked at each other, confused. Cadence spoke. “We’re not speaking this language you call “German”. We, and you, are speaking Equestrian.”