Catherine's Birthday

David woke up early the next morning, before Catherine. He snuck out of their room, to the kitchen. He cooked eggs, and bacon for Catherine. David cut up some fruit, putting it on the plate along with the bacon and eggs. Quietly, he opened the door to their room to see a sleeping Catherine. He grinned, jumping on her back gently. "Happy birthday, darling." He whispered, kissing the small of her neck.
Catherine groaned into her pillow, her eyes opening. "Hello. And thank you." She whispered, smiling sleepily up at him. She pushed him off her back, turning around and getting up. The smell of eggs and bacon filled her with warmness and happiness.
"Oh, did you cook breakfast for me?" She asked curiously, grinning widely at him.
"Oh, yes!" He said with a nod, kissing her cheek and pulling her out to the kitchen. He sat her down, handing her a wine glass with water in it and a plate with bacon and eggs, and they both dug in.
After they were finished, Catherine grinned. "Do I get any birthday kisses?" She asked with a playful smirk.
David nodded quickly, getting up and tugging her close. He smiled down at her, biting her pink lip and drawing it back out before kissing her deeply and fully. He wrapped his arms around her waist, one hand resting on the small of her back.
Catherine smiled, standing up on her tip toes so she could reach him properly. She felt like every time they kissed, she felt like she was falling in love with him all over again.
After a few nice minutes of kissing, David pulled away with a happy grin. "Now! Birthday girl, would you like your birthday presents?" He asked, his hands clasping together. "Sure!" She said and nodded, kissing his nose. David ran off, getting a bag and running back out and giving it to her. She reached inside the bag, taking out a square, black felt case. She opened it to see a bright white pearl necklace inside. She grinned, looking down at the necklace then at him. "Oh... David. It's amazing." She said softly, turning around and handing it to him. David clipped the necklace on her from behind, kissing her neck sweetly as he did so. "You're welcome, love." He murmured, turning her around. Cath pecked his lips lightly before reaching inside the bag again, pulling out smaller black felt box. Inside, was a delicate silver ring. She smiled again, taking the ring out and putting it on her finger. "It's a promise ring." David said shyly, holding out his hand to see another silver ring. "Stay with me forever?" He whispered, tugging her close.
"Forever." She murmured and grinned.