Chapter 2: This is what she meant

I opened my eyes and I'm here laying down on a bed. I stood up, lost in thought. Where am I? I asked myself, only to realize that this is my room. I tried to remember what happened earlier but it made me feel a pressure in my head. It's like something happened but I can't remember.

For some reason, I don't feel anything. I feel like this isn't my body. It feels uncomfortable but you can't really do anythiny about it.

I checked the time, it's already 1:30 in the afternoon, I went to the bathroom and fix up myself. While I was drying my hair, I finally remembered that I have to paint something to my client. I hurriedly went out of the bathroom and looked for my paint. I ran out of paint.

I decided to go out to get some paint. While walking out of my apartment, I felt the environment a bit light. It's like someone splashed  warmth in this place. I decides to walk instead of using my bike since the mall is just near.

I already arrived at the mall, and for some reason, there's only a few people in here. Usually, this mall is filled up with people shopping and playing, but today is different. Did something happened?

After buying the paint, I was on my way out to the mall when it suddenly started raining.  I was all alone once again, standing straight and holding the paper bag tight to my chest, and hoping it would stop raining. My head begins to hurt again, it's throbbing like crazy. I sat down and started to groan out of pain.

What's with this? I was okay awhile ago. Should I call Catherine? What is happening to me? I asked to myself.
Then it suddenly stopped. I stood up straight again and looked at the time, it's already 5:30 pm. Time is fast today.. The rain already stopped so I ran my way back to my apartment.

I didn't have the feeling of hunger even though I haven't even eaten a thing this day. I jumped to my bed and fell asleep. I woke up again and see myself here in the middle of the same street that I usually walk to go back to my apartment.

While walking and trying to go home to my apartment, I was in a deep thought. I know for sure that I was sleeping a second ago, why am I here?
Then someone was calling me, a familiar voice. "Missy, can you help me pick these apple?" An old but beautiful lady said. I agreed and started picking up these apples.

"Is there any problem?" The old lady asked. My facial expression changed and realized I was frowning.

"Ah, there's nothing at all. I was just lost in thought, ma'am." I replied back.

"But why?"

"I am just confused of what's happening, it feels different." I replied back looking at the red apple that I was holding.

"It's because you're in a state of unconsciousness, Musa." Before I can even look at the old lady, she vanished again. This is really weird, what is really happening?

I took the apple and started walking again and for some reason, the road led me to the mall, where it began to rain again, like yesterday... Was there even a yesterday? I decided to go around the mall to pass time and I could also buy some art materials now that I'm here.

After hours of waiting, the rain wasn't still stopping. I stood up straight and held the paper bag tight to my chest. I looked at my watch and realized I wasn't wearing one. "Bummer" I uttered. That's when there were two men holding boxes. It seems like they're delivering something.

The other guy intrigued me. We made  eye contact for a second but I quickly looked away. The guys went inside the mall and after minutes, they went out.
The guy that I made eye contact with looked at me again, and he was holding a lollipop. He stopped walking and it was close to me.

"Hey, umm..." He uttered.

"Ah, hello." I replied as I feel a sudden rush of adrenaline.

"Here. Take this. You shouldn't be out here all alone, it's almost sundown" He said. I took the lollipop and nod my head replying a quiet "thank you."
"What's your na--" before I can even ask him something, Catherine ran her way to me and hugged me.

"Musaaa, where have you been? Let's go home." She said and pulled arm. I looked back and saw the guy still standing up there and I was still holding the lollipop he gave me.

"Wait, Catheri--"

I passed out again and when I woke up, white is the only thing I could see. I was in a bed again, but not my bed. I looked to left and saw catherine holding my arm, sleeping soundly.

"Catherine, where am I?" I asked her while still laying down. My body hurts so much. She woke up and started crying and with excitement, she said "Musa, you're awake!" She stood up and start shouting doctor.

What happened to me? Why am I in a hospital?
A doctor came inside the room and he was smiling. "Ms. Ronchelle! You're awake. You've been in a coma for 2 days. It's good that your conscious now but you still need to stay here for a bit so that we could check you up more" The doctor said

Catherine continued hugging me when the doctor went outside.
"Musa, I thought you were gonna die" she cried.

I was lost in thought again and remembered everything before the accident. The state of unconsciousness... That's what the old lady meant.