thirty one

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓—FEW YEARS LATERJULY 3RD, 20751:47 A

JULY 3RD, 2075
1:47 A.M.
─────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹─────

YOU

The years have passed, and we have grown as well; people, families, cities, friends, pets, animals, and technology have all adjusted to the predictable future. Many things have changed in and around the city. We are evolving as a human civilisation. We are no longer made of frail flesh and bones. We have IMMERSIVE, in which our bones are replaced with metal cybernetics, and parts of our brains are hooked in with microscopic artificial intelligence chips, and we are ruled by computer technology. We call this type of severe procedure, "ATE"; Artificial Tissue Engineering.

Artificial Tissue Engineering has used cyborg tissues made of carbon nanotubes and plant or fungal cells to create new materials for mechanical and electrical applications. The resulting cyborg was low-cost, light, and had unusual mechanical qualities. It might also be made into any shape you like. Cells and multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWCNTs) co-precipitated as a distinct aggregation of cells and nanotubes, resulting in a viscous substance. Dried cells performed as a stable matrix for the MWCNT network as well. Optical microscopy revealed that the material resembled an artificial "tissue" made up of densely packed cells. The consequence of cell drying was visible in the form of "stars".

Electron microscopy revealed a highly specific physical connection between MWCNTs and cells, implying that the cell wall (the outermost component of fungal and plant cells) may play a key role in the formation and maintenance of carbon nanotube networks. From heating to sensing, this new material can be employed in a variety of electronic applications. For example, cyborg tissue materials with temperature sensing properties have been reported using Candida albicans cells, a kind of yeast that commonly resides inside the human gastrointestinal tract.

The term "cyborg" does not refer to bionics, biorobotics, or androids; rather, it refers to an organism that has had function or abilities restored as a result of the integration of some artificial component or technology that relies on feedback.

For as long as machines and technology have existed, humans and technology have had a love-hate relationship. The government is at the forefront of this, dissecting how humans and technology are intertwined.

The public refers to it as the Cyborg Manifesto, which is a deconstruction of cyborgs and humanity's progress toward that notion. We are all gradually transforming into cyborgs, a product of science and technology that distinguishes us. Humanity has gotten so entwined with technology that it is difficult to discern where the boundary that separates us lies. This is especially true in medicine, given the advancements that contemporary science and technology have allowed us to make.

All borders between humans, animals, and technology have been breached as humans evolve as a society. This breach creates hybrids and adds to the complexity. Everywhere you look, there is some type of technology that humans require and rely on. Science and technology have progressed to the point where we now rely on them for almost every aspect of our lives. Our environment is full with tangled human-machine networks, and our bodies are networks in and of themselves. It is not as natural as it appears; it is given the same food we do, but the technology within is kept alive by pharmaceuticals and tweaked by surgical procedures. We must overcome the intricate nature of technoculture in order to live.