Last Days - II

Six months later...

Thirdy's POV:

So today, we will be having our baby's gender reveal. And maybe on Bel's last month of pregnancy, we might have her baby shower. I really want her to experience everything on her last days. And that includes getting married. I plan to propose to her later, and hopefully, she says yes.

"Congrats on the baby, Bel!" It was my Manong, Kiefer, who congratulated her.

"Thanks, manong! How bout' you? Kelan magkakalaman ang tyan ni Ate Ly?" Bea joked.

"Hopefully this year then. So that we could already give your baby a cousin." Manong joked as well.

"Congrats, Bel and Thirdy!" It was my sister-in-law, Ate Ly, who greeted us with her sweetest smile.

"Thanks, ate Ly!"

Other guest came in, and started to greet us. When it was time for the gender reveal, everyone gathered around our backyard. Bel and I cut the cake, which has the colour of our baby's gender.

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

Our baby was a little princess. It was a girl. I hugged Bel and then kiss her on the lips. Thank you Lord for giving me such a blessing. But then, another cake was given to us by Mommy Det.

"Twins?!" I shockingly asked her. And she only smiled at me and nodded. We wasted no time and then we cut the second cake, which had blue frosting inside. A boy.

Guests and family members congratulated us after knowing that we were having twins. We then headed to the party, which is the perfect time to propose to Bel. We were about to give our speech to thank them for coming.

"As you all know, Bel and I are having a hard time during her pregnancy. Some of you might know that she has a heart disease and only has at least a year to live. And for those who does not know yet, well.. yeah, we hate to break the news. There may not be a cure, but there is a chance for her to live longer... So i'm hoping.. she does live longer for our babies. And..." I took a deep breath and looked at her. She then smiled at me.

I knelt in front of her, in front of the crowd, ready to propose to my one and only true love.

"Isabel De Leon, I know how unlucky you are for being given such a short time on our world, but know that I am very lucky to have spend your life with you. I just really want to make most of your days, I just want to make you happy, and hope that even when you're gone, you'll remember these memories you made with me." Bel started to sob as I talked.

"I promise to take care of our little ones as they grow. I promise to be the best husband and hopefully the best father to them. I love you so much, Isabel. And i'm hoping that, marrying a guy like me is on your bucketlist?" I joked, making everyone laugh.

"Bel, will you marry me?"

The crowd then began shouting 'Yes!'

"Of course, Thirdy Ravena. I will marry you." She said.

And that answer, made me the happiest man alive.

•••

Skipping to three months...

Bel and I just came from our babies' shower party. We received tons of gifts since we were having twins. Bel sat on our bed, and she sighed. She must be exhausted.

"Are you fine, Love?" I asked as I started to massage her feet.

"Yes... I can't believe that I have reached this far." She said out of nowhere.