Tracer x Reader (Part 1)

(basically coffee shop AU, Y/n is working there, Lena is a regular customer, until one day she comes in and doesn't order her usual and she's moping in the corner like a sad puppy)

Lena has been coming to the Black Rose cafe for months, only reason I know her name is because I write it on her coffee cup every morning. She always orders the same thing. 

Except for today.

Clearly something was wrong, because today she bought a muffin, which I would think normal if she wasn't in the darkest corner of the cafe resting her chin on her arms and poking the muffin around her plate and moping.

The cafe wasn't particularly busy, the morning rush was over and now the only people sitting at tables were college students with their laptops and an elderly woman with her tea and newspaper.

I sighed as I finished up the dishes, emptied the espresso pucks and wiped my hands off on my black apron. I glanced at my colleague and back towards you pouting in the corner. 

I don't realize how long I'm staring at until the woman who'd been having tea cleared her throat at the counter. My colleague glanced at me pointedly before smiling kindly and handling payments for the woman's tea. I glanced down in apology before grabbing a dish tray and heading around the counter to clear away the dishes and wipe down the table.

After my colleague handed the receipt to the customer they nudged past me towards the table and took the tray from me, "Do what you need to do, I can take over for today."

I smiled in gratitude and quickly started making a F/Beverage before taking off my apron and heading towards Lena. 

Lena was a bit startled when I placed the paper cup on her table. She'd eaten half the muffin, and there were crumbs on her cheek but she didn't seem to care, or didn't notice when she looked up at me.

I hadn't really thought that far ahead of what I was going to say, and we kinda just stared at each other a moment too long until Lena choked out, "I uh-" she cleared her throat.  "I didn't order this-" she said glancing down at the cup.

"I know, this one is on me." I say before turning around, but then turning back towards her in second thought. 

It took me an extra second to process the words, in which Lena looked at me in surprise and curiosity. "May I join you?" I asked.

Lena moved her half eaten muffin and new drink to the side, motioning for me to sit.

I slid into the seat across from her and glanced at her half eaten muffin. 

"You can have that if you want." She said following my gaze.

I shook my head, "No that's fine..." I said before looking up and catching her staring at me, to which she looked away quickly. "Are you alright?" I ask. "You always come here and order the same thing, and I've never seen you without a smile."

Was it my imagination that I saw Lena's face flush with colour? Probably just a trick of the light.

Lena shifted a little, didn't reach my eyes as I searched her face for some sort of reaction. She just looked at the table and absentmindedly picked up the drink I'd brought her. 

"This is really good, what is it?" Lena said changing the subject. 

"It's F/Beverage, not on the menu anymore, but I always found it a comfort drink." I replied a bit disappointed that she'd avoided my question.

Lena glanced away as she took another sip, "You should really put it back on the menu." 

I smiled, and stood, "I'll look into it" I said before heading to the staff room at the back to grab my belongings to take the rest of the day off.

I grabbed my sweater and phone, pulling my sweater over my head and throwing my phone in my pocket before heading out. I thanked my colleague again as I walked by the front counter, and continued towards the front door. 

Little more than a few strides out the door, Lena ran to catch up with me. Surprisingly quickly too.

"Hey, um Y/N, can I have your number?" Lena asked.

I stiffened until I remembered that I wear a name tag on my uniform. "Oh, sure." I replied rummaging in my pocket for a pen. 

Lena stretched out her hand, and I began writing my number. Her hand was small and warm in mine as I held it steady and wrote the last few digits. 

She smiled brightly when I was done, and awkwardly I smiled back before turning to walk away, nearly running headfirst into a bus-stop pole.

Smooth Y/N, smooth.