Chapter 3: Multimouse and Adrien

Adrien collapsed in his couch after that long and tiring photoshoot. It lasted 3 whole hours: pretty much taking up his entire evening. He went straight there after school, and he had to cancel his patrol with Ladybug too because of it. He sighed and leaned back into the couch as he tossed Plagg a piece of Camembert who delightfully munched onto it. Huh...why was life so typical!

Adrien got off the couch and headed towards his piano, seated himself on the stool as he began to play a slow tune. He gazed off to the windows at the beautiful sunset that was in hues of pink and red.

On the building ahead, a little figure caught his eye. Wait...was that Multimouse?

His fingers brushed off the keys of the piano, as he moved to approach the windows for a closer look, he even used the camera on his phone to zoom in on her.

It was Mari-Multimouse, alright. He was surprised to see her, Ladybug made it clear that she couldn't get the miraculous again. He wasn't complaining though...besides Ladybug didn't always follow that principle.

Multimouse was perched upon a building all by herself, looking up at the sunset. There was something off though. She seemed down. Even if she was looking up.

Hastily, she turned his direction and gasped, she had caught him looking at her. He quickly shoved his phone back into his pocket as he gave her a sheepish smile and waved.

She smiled back at him and leaped his way on her little jump-rope. Multimouse rested herself on top of the window and gave him a gentle smile. Her movements were strangely rigid though. Not-so-Marinette-like.

"Hello, you're Adrien Agreste, right?" She greeted with that faux beam of hers that it hurt.

"Yeah, I am." Not that she didn't already know that.

"I'm Multimouse, by the way." Also known as Marinette Dupain-Cheng. But obviously he had to pretend that he didn't know that.

"Oh...are you a new hero or something? I don't see you around much?"

"I've actually only fought one proper fight, one that wasn't really filmed. And I'm just here today as both Ladybug and Cat Noir are busy on patrol." She gingerly said, "So I'm not very well-known. And you could say, I'm not exactly a proper hero."

"Ladybug must've chosen you for a reason. You're a hero nonetheless." And that's not only in the suit.

A familiar speck of pink dusted across her face as she squeaked a little "thank you!" Wow...the mouse miraculous was really the most perfect fit for her! It was petite and cute, just like her!

"Please come in." Adrien said stretching his hands out to the side, as if he was making way for her.

"Are you sure about that? I don't want to seem intruding." She pondered, her eyes glancing to the door.

"Don't worry! You're welcome here! Nathalie doesn't really check up on me in this hour."

Mari-Multimouse bit her lip anxiously at him whilst he nodded at her in an assuring manner. Eventually, she smiled at him and entered his room, coming to stand near his piano.

"Your room is very big." She said contemplating her surroundings as she was hugging herself, her hands stroking her upper arms.

"That's what everyone says." He chuckled as he came to approach her. She smiled at him but then looked down out her toes nervously, still hugging herself, as she took a step backwards.

"Hey...don't mind me asking...but are you okay?"

"I'm fine." The fake smile materialised back onto her face. He wasn't convinced.