Chapter 28: Care Package

Adrien yawned and opened his eyes. He looked towards his shoulder: Marinette was still asleep.

Looking at her slumbering form made a smile creep up his face. He bent his face low and leaned in placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. Everything felt fluttery. Was this how love felt like...

It felt good.

He felt his cheeks redden as his eyes lingered on her. It was fine. At least she couldn't see the way he was looking at her right now...though...did he want her to see?

"Boy, you should see your face right now!" Plagg's comment made his cheeks redden even more.

"Plagg! Ssh! You'll wake her up! Also, you ruined the moment!" Tikki scolded Plagg. Right...he forgot they weren't alone.

"How long have I slept for?"

"Eh...an hour or so?" Plagg said, "But you know, you have the entire day, boy!"

"Yeah. Good!" He was allowed to stay for the entire day because of the project. Cool!

"What do I do now? Let her sleep more?"

"Your choice, boy."

"Yeah. She needs in her rest anyways."

Adrien gently removed Marinette from his shoulder and laid her down on her bed slowly, so she wouldn't wake up. Tikki cooed an aw whilst Plagg just gagged with a groan at him. Ugh...despite the fact that kwamis were thousands of years old, they were the most embarrassing beings ever.

He sat on the floor with his knees crossed beside Marinette's bed. Hmm...what should he do in the meantime? Hey! Why not make something for Marinette! She always was giving other people things she made even when there was no particular occasion! So, why not do the same for her!

Like make her a care package...

But...

How would he do it?

He glanced towards the kwamis resting on the chaise. Hmm...hopefully, his embarrassing kwami friends would have some advice for him!

"You know..." He looked towards the ceiling whilst talking to the kwamis, "Say, you wanted to make a care package for a certain someone? And you aren't exactly great at handmade craft, what do you do?"

"Certain someone? Eh..." Plagg smirked, "We're not stupid, Adrien."

"Right." He knew that.

"What do I do?"

"Hmm...we might be thousands of years old. But we're not the best at care package ideas." Tikki said as Adrien sighed disappointingly, "But why not try asking Mrs. Dupain-Cheng? She might be able to help!"

"Oh yeah..." He was nervous though. "Thanks!"

Mrs. Dupain-Cheng was by the counter kneading some dough whilst Adrien anxiously stared at her.

"Mrs. Dupain-Cheng?"

"Adrien." She exclaimed, "Nice to see you down here! Do you need something?"

"Uh...actually...I wanted to ask you something, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng?" His nervousness brushed through his voice.

"Yes?"

"I'd like some tips on..." He paused, "making a care package?"

"You're making a care package?" Her eyes lighted up. "For whom?"

"Oh...a friend?" He was hesitant in saying that it was the love of his life, who was also her daughter.

"Isn't Marinette there to give you advice?"

"Oh she..." He rubbed the nape of his neck, "Fell asleep? She seemed tired. It's fine because we're taking a break from the project, anyways."

"Well, a good break is always ideal." She said whilst washing her hands, "Back to your original questions. I'm assuming you've never made a care package before?"

"Uh...no...not really." He said sheepishly, "I'm no good with craft or any of that sort."

"Hmm...you seem eager to make this care package. She seems to be a special friend."

"She is-Wait a minute-I never said that she was a she."

"You never said she was a she?" Mrs. Dupain-Cheng chuckled. Yeah...that sounded stupid. "I have good intuition."

Adrien nods. Marinette must get it from her mom...

"Anyhow, Adrien, you don't have to be good at craft to make a care package."

"I don't?"

"Give the care package based on your feelings. It could be a simple card or note too. It could be a collage of pictures. Do what your good at."

"What if I'm not good at anything?"

"Adrien. You're clearly doubting yourself. Trust your instinct and ideas. You care for this person and you're passionate about making them this care package. Don't let your self-doubt ever get in the way of you doing something."

Adrien's cheeks heated up as he looked towards his feet. He did have smart ideas. He just needed the courage to implement them.

"Thank you, Mrs. Dupain-Cheng! That really helped."

"No problem, dear. Also, please call me Sabine." She warmly smiled at him. The motherly affection from her was nostalgic. It hit him hard.

"Thank you, Sabine." He returned the smile as he turned towards the staircase to return to the room.

"Adrien." Sabine interrupted his footsteps, "I'm sure Marinette will like whatever you give her."

Sabine winked at him as his cheeks reddened even more.

"Y-yeah. I-I'm sure she would!"

Why did people always embarrass him by the teasing? Why?

---

Next chapter will be super long...

Too much going on. Another rollercoaster of emotions coming your way!

(The ones that end with '9' are truly something!)