6. The Revengers Pt. II

"Either way, I'll let you work today." Pierce stood up and crossed his arms. "First, fetch me a coffee. Grande in a venti cup -"

"What?" Natasha scrunched her nose up in disgust.

Pierce ignored her with a sigh. "Grande in a venti cup, 20-pump vanilla, 20-pump hazelnut, whole milk, 190-degree, add whip and extra caramel drizzle."

"Then, I'm going to need you to clean up my conference room down the hall," Pierce continued. "Carol Danvers is coming today to discuss some business matters, so I'm going to need that room to be spotless." Carol Danvers. World's most famous journalist and CEO of Mar-Vell Magazine. Things were about to get interesting.

"Oh, and before you go, I need to get your name," Pierce said. Shit. She hadn't chosen a name for Steve yet. Her flabbergasted bodyguard was hurriedly looking around the room. She watched as his eyes flitted around from corner to corner, then landed on a certain magazine cover lying on Pierce's desk: America's Golden Boy, Thor Odinson, Tells us What it is Like to Play Superhero Chris Hemsworth on "The Revengers." Natasha felt a small smirk form on her face. Nice choice.

"Chris, uh..." Steve mumbled. "Chris... Evans?"

"Is that a question or a statement?" Pierce said to himself as he jotted down something in his notebook. "Okay. You two - get out and get my coffee."

∙∙∙✩∙∙∙

Natasha turned to Steve excitedly as soon as they entered the elevator. "Chris Evans? Not bad. Where'd Evans come from?"

"I don't know, where did Scarlett Johansson come from?" Steve questioned her back, leaning against the wall of the elevator.

Natasha shrugged. "I have red hair. Red is pretty close to scarlet. And as for Johansson... It's something Maria suggested. Normally I would have used Natalie Rushman. But there had been a time when I had to use that on Pierce - not for revenge, mind me, I'm not a revenge-hungry psychopath - so it would've been a bad alias."

"Pfft." Steve laughed. "How many times have you done this?" More than you'd like to know. 

A few seconds later, the two found themselves back on ground floor. And a few minutes later, they stood in front of the local Dunkin Donuts.

"Didn't he say venti?" Steve frowned. "Doesn't that mean Starbucks?"

"Didn't I say revenge?" Natasha smirked, and patted her bodyguard on the shoulder. "At least you're cultured enough to know Starbucks drink sizes."

∙∙∙✩∙∙∙

Natasha gripped the iced americano in her hands as the two climbed back onto the elevator. She swirled the drink around, watching the bubbles form on top of the deep brown of the coffee. She smiled. Never had a coffee drink looked more delightful than today. 

"Oh, and can you give me your phone for a second?" It was more of a demand than a question. Steve dropped his phone into Natasha's outstretched hand, though not without some hesitance. "Do you have Apple Music?"

"No... I didn't want to pay for it so..."

"Well, you will have it for today. Don't worry, they give you a free trial for three months. And after those three months, I'll pay. Think of it as a gift." She opened up Steve's phone with ease and downloaded the app. 

"How do you know my password?" Steve looked at her with an appalled look on his face. Natasha winked. 

"I have my ways." She flipped through the app for a few seconds, then grinned as she landed on a particular song. "This is your new ringtone."