1. Prologue

Queen Tuya lay on her bed, holding her new born daughter in her arms, while her husband and pharaoh of Egypt; Seti the 1st, stood beside her.
"She is beautiful" praised Seti.
"Yes, she is... It was about time I gave you a daughter" admitted Tuya.
"Two sons and a daughter. I really am the luckiest man alive. The gods must favor us, as I didn't expect to have any more children"
"Neither did I. I must be the luckiest mother ever... Should we bring in the boys, so that they can meet their sister?".
Seti nodded his head and turned to face one of the servants in the corner of the room.
"Fetch the princes" he instructed.
The servant bowed her head, before exiting the room.

A few moments later the servant returned carrying a 2 year old Moses in one hand, while holding a 3 year old Rameses in the other.
She placed them on the bed beside their mother, before retreating silently to the corner of the room.
"Look boys, this is your new baby sister; Anai" introduced Tuya, as the boys began to crawl towards her.
Rameses stroked the back of Anai's hand, and his mother smiled.
"Your little sister will need you both to look after her" continued Tuya, before kissing her sons on the head.
"Today will be a day of celebration. The birth of pharaoh's daughter is a joyus occassion, so all of Egypt should rejoice" announced Seti.

"The high priests will need to annoint her in the temple soon, as she can't be shown to the city until then" sighed Tuya, as she held Anai tightly to her body.
"They won't do it just yet. She won't be shown to the gods until the 7th day after her birth. No one will take her from you until then" promised Seti.
"No one will ever take her from me... I don't want to promise her to a man. I want her to belong to no one but herself" revealed Tuya.
"If that is your wish, then it shall be so. The princess will be free to marry who she chooses"
"Thank you Seti"
"Anything for you my queen".
Tuya smiled and kissed Anai softly, before beginning to rock her to sleep.
"Sleep well my little princess" Tuya whispered, as Anai's eyes closed.