RWBY Volume 8 Story expectations and Deaths Part 1

Note this will have spoilers for Volume 7 if you have not watched it. 

Volume seven had two overarching themes when it comes to our lives that of Trust and of its antagonist Fear.  Many people consider the opening themes to have nothing to do with the Volume itself however I disagree with that mindset. The theme of Volume 7 is trust love and it shows the first theme of Volume seven well as team RWBY struggles with telling Ironwood the truth of Salem's power. The ending theme obviously of Fear shows the final theme that we see the people of Atlas present in the Arc go through. 

What I expect of Volume Eight is that we will continue the theme of Fear as Salem has invaded Atlas airspace. I expect many deaths to occur throughout the volume and not who many may expect.

Pietro and Penny Polendina: I expect both of them to die in Volume 8 and here is why. The giant whale Grimm that we see at the end of Volume 7 will most likely swallow Pietro and Penny will attempt to save Pietro based on the story both Pietro and Penny are based upon that of Pinocchio. Pietro will die because he is too weak after giving most of his aura to bring Penny into the world of Remnant and I expect since Pietro's aura is Penny's that she will die as well when Pietro dies. Note that this is speculation that Pietro and Penny are linked because of the aura.

Winter Schnee: She has shown that she is willing to follow Ironwood's orders to the extreme with one exception when it comes to Weiss as she has let her get away going against her orders to capture the members of RWBY and Oscar and JNR alongside Qrow. I expect Ironwood to force her to fight hurt against the forces of Salem which will lead to her dying. Otherwise I can surmise based on Cinder's comments towards Winter based on how the Schnee's hoard power and that she refuses to starve could imply something far worse when it comes to the Schnee family. The implication being that Cinder is a bastard child of Jacques Schnee who was denied the right to inherit the Schnee dust company because of the affair. Which means that Winter and Wiess can be seen as the stepsisters in the Fairy tale of Cinderella which is why Cinder could kill both of them since the time of the Schnee's Arc is basically done with the incarceration of Jacques.

If you want more information about the possible relation between the three look up the Unicorn of War and watch their content on Volume Seven.

There is more that I expect however I will talk more about it at another date as I think the possible implications out more.