Unity, Part One

Jerusalem, Israel

3:03am

Ezekiel Bachar arrived back to the hotel room so early in the morning while it was still dark outside. He was exhausted and tired and as he stood in the hallway outside the room and took out the hotel card key and placed it into the slot, he felt a moment's relief at being away from it all. His boss had forced him to partake in late night meetings and he felt exhausted by now.

The door card reader bleeped and flashed a green light signalling he could enter the room. He shouldered the door open and walked into the junior suite of the King David hotel. Ezekiel was a tall and slender man, he did not have a real muscle to his form and in a way he liked it like that way, he was an accountant and everything about him oozed efficiency and tidiness. He was prim and proper and above all he was a devout Jewish man.

Now this may seem a strange turn of words but in his heart he was an ever would be, a devout and upstart Jewish man. He knew the torah well and believed firmly, and anyone who was of a faith should know their faith in and out. But most importantly to Ezekiel he was a man who lived well raised and would prefer to always be around other Jewish people.

And that was the one cause for his current state of exhaustion and revolution, for you see Ezekiel had been in the holy city of Jerusalem for ten days and now everything about this holy city irked him to the bone. It was not so much that the city itself, for he truly loved this city just like a man would love his own father.

No, it was most defiantly that it was not the city which irked him but it was the people, for you see Jerusalem was the home of infidels, Christians the fowl lovers of Jesus. Then there were the Muslims who had taken the degradation of the Jewish faith even further. Then there were the blacks...and he had even seen a Chinese man who upon seeing him made Ezekiel scream in shock, he had to hold his tongue against the violation of such people infesting this holy city.

For you see if Ezekiel had been raised in let's say a white man in America, he might have been considered as a racist but in this holy land he was simply considered a devout and eccentric Jewish man.

Now Ezekiel personally harboured no ill will against those of the "lesser" races, it was just that they simply had no way of becoming Jewish and as such they were in his mind utterly condemned, they were simply dirty and sinful to even be around.

And that was why he had felt so dirty for you see despite all Ezekiel's quirks and misunderstandings, as he had always been an accountant from a town where there were almost no non-Jewish people, and as such being here at an accounting symposium he had to shake hands with non-other than Muslims and Christians and other non-traditional Jews such that he had to spend the entire day feeling dirty and shameful for being around such people.

But now he could relax at last. He walked into the room and pulled off the heavy bag from around his shoulder and tossed it onto the bed where it promptly slid off the bed and tumbled across the floor which hit the curtain and then fell to one side pulling the curtain slightly open.

But Ezekiel was tired and exhausted to care, so he pulled off his tie and pulled it up over his curved nose and unbuttoned his shirt revealing a scrawny boney chest. He then tossed all of his cloths onto the bed as he removed them one by one and walked naked into the shower.