Unity, Part Two

Jerusalem, Israel

2:28pm

Ezekiel awoke into a world of pain and confusion. Somewhere nearby there were screams of terror muffled out by shouts of alarm and the distant faint explosions that caused the ground to shudder.

Somewhere nearby there was the sounds of a girl crying which seemed unnaturally more potent then any other sound for a few moments. Ezekiel groaned in pain as he got up and he felt a sharp pang of pain from his neck where he had slammed head first into the ground and his neck had bent only a fraction less then what was enough to brake his neck and he would never know how close he had come to becoming paralyzed from the neck down.

But it was as if some guiding hand had spared him such a terrible fate at this hour.

As he pushed himself to his feet he realised he was covered in dust and it was only then that he realised how dark the hallway was.

The only scant amount of early morning sunlight that filtered in through the open doors of the bedrooms and suites that lines the hallway. The ground shook violently for a moment and he had to place his hands on the ground to steady himself.

When the shaking stopped he got to his feet cuffing as he brushed the layer of dust that had gathered on top of him. He hobbled forwards still feeling dizzy and with every step he could feel the pain in his neck seem to grow.

He walked to an open doorway and looked out to see that the rooms windows had been smashed in completely and the form of some metallic spider could be seen smashed in one corner of the room and then he saw it.

The bloodied remnants of a human who lay prowled on the bed, the white sheets had long been stained dark red by the corpse and it was clear this person had been dead for hours. Ezekiel gasped in horror when he saw the body in the room and he instantly had to hold back his gaging reflex and he leaned back out into the hallway and tried to force himself not to throw up at what he had just seen.

Then just as he was about to walk away from the room when he realised he had been laying on the ground for quite some time and he had no sense of what the time was and he remembered that he had seen that the man had been wearing a golden watch and it probably had the time on it and so reluctantly Ezekiel decided to take a few steps into the room.

He cautiously walked into the room, his eyes flitting between the metal spider in the corner which looked like it had been smashed in and there was a broken chais nearby which indicated that someone else had been in this room also with the victim and had attacked the spider and then during the chaos they must have fled many hours ago.

As he approached the bed he leaned down and looked at the watch and he read the time. 2:35pm and it was then that he gasped in shock as he realised how long he had been unconscious, he had been unconscious for two hours.

Then there was a flash of light that filtered in through the white curtains that fluttered lazily in the wind and Ezekiel looked up and he saw it. A set of explosions that detonated light starlight on a massive disk shaped craft nearly ten miles away.