Chapter 1: Heavy Dirty Soul

The sound of people chanting, the rush of adrenaline in my veins, this exhilarating feeling whenever I got on stage. I'll always live this moment. Confidence sky high when I put on my mask I have a different face, a part that I always wanted to become, and now it will live as a part of me, a separate entity and that is CAPTAIN.

Max PoV

six months earlier

I groaned on top of the table at Two Whales diner while waiting for my bestfriend destroying a big plate of waffles.

"Dude, you sound like a dying whale."

I sighed.

"Remind me why are we doing this again?"

Chloe spoke while eating.

"You love music, you suggested we form a band, you wanted to perform so bad, but your shy hipster personality is making you stop achieving said dream but you decided we wear mask so you wouldn't freak out and it hella totally works wonders whenever we perform.

"Rrright..." Max checks her phone and browsing their schedule they have a gig later at midnight to a club called Raven.

"Hey Chloe why don't we play heavy dirty soul"

Chloe finishing her meal, pumped her hand in the air.

"Hell yeah Maxironi"

I slip the money on the table and gone out on our merry way to Chloe's truck to grab my stuff back at the dorms.I opened the passenger seat door and sat then I noticed a magazine at the middle seat. It's a magazine featuring Rachel Amber on the cover.

"I didn't know you are buying women's magazines"

Chloe Immediately grabs the magazine and tucked it under her seat.

"I..Uh... I'm just buying them for the coupons!"

I snickered. "Yeah you are"

That NiGHT

Victoria PoV

Me and Taylor went out to a club at Raven to party since, I haven't organized a vortex club party yet. I went with Taylor so I wouldn't stay alone in the dorms like a total loser.The club smelled like cheap alcohols and smoke. We went to the bar and ordered some drinks.

"Why are we even here? This club is so no fit in my standards."

"We are here to have fun, and also theres a new band going to play, their bassist is so dreamy and also the 21pirates are going go play today.

I rolled my eyes. what's so special about an Indie band named 21pirates and what make them so special.

I scanned the club. The lights starting to dim except on the stage. And a few people going on stage which I'm guessing the performers introducing themselves as Black 9 Renegade. They started playing. I wasn't even impressed by them and I can see Taylor fan girling so much at the bassist that looks like a hobo.Their set was finished and after that the crowd began chanting 21pirates. There came out a tall person who looked liked they own the place, carrying drumsticks, wearing a black bandana with a jolly roger, a black scarf on the mouth with a gray print of a wolf's teeth, blue tank top,a sleeve on the right arm,black pants with rips on the knee and black boots.Sitting on the drummers chair, then another one came out which is much shorter wearing a black ski mask with a red eye patch on the left,black shirt, 2 black tattoo bands on her bicep, red pants and black boots with red straps like a pirate and gone in front of the mic. the crowd fell silent and the music gone booming around the club. the shorter one reached for the masked pulled it until the lips then started to sing. I was shocked I didn't expect the voice, she was a girl and how she rapped smoothly. I turned to Taylor and pointing who the drummer was.

"That's Davy she is a female despite the apperance."

then I pointed to the other one.

"And that's Captain, just Captain no other name."

I smirked. 21 pirates huh, I never thought I would like an Indie band let alone here in Arcadia Bay.My night just gotten interesting, and my curiousity starting to grow about Captain.