IT'S MEME TIME!!

I seriously apologize I'm taking longer than expected to update. The Quarantine is partly one of the reasons, but it's also me trying to finish my credit picture, which is taking longer than expected. In the meantime, I will upload a meme. Here's the link to the template I used:

https://www.deviantart.com/linkgames/art/Ace-Attorney-Favorites-Meme-TEMPLATE-757031711 

com/linkgames/art/Ace-Attorney-Favorites-Meme-TEMPLATE-757031711 

Now, onto why I chose these:

AA

Favorite Case Turnabout Goodbyes

I think this one speaks for itself. I enjoyed the other cases as well, but this one was the one that gave us backstory, character development and kept us guessing. It also introduced us to one of the most known villains in Ace Attorney that I feel is mistaken as being pure evil when he's perhaps one of the most gray villains when you start reading in between the lines.

The game play is fantastic with introducing a new Prosecutor to go up against that, once you start playing, makes you appreciate having Miles Edgeworth as your opponent. Despite how cold and mean Miles Edgeworth is, at the end of the day he only wants to find the truth of the case. Even under a corrupt Prosecutor like Manfred Von Karma, Miles Edgeworth never forged evidence, has always trusted the police to get the job done and if there was the smallest chance he was wrong, he will take the Defense's theory with a grain of salt. The moment Manfred Von Karma begins trying to prevent you from cross-examining, you realize that this guy is NOTHING like Miles Edgeworth. It makes you wonder why Miles Edgeworth even looked up to this guy.

I think the best thing about Turnabout Goodbyes is that it always keeps you guessing. You can't really predict what is going to happen and it always results in making bizarre decisions like cross-examining a parrot, having Maya being arrested for obstruction of justice, having Manfred Von Karma tase you in the Police Records Room with 600,000 volts of electricity, having to guess the name of a deranged old man who may or may not be related to a previous case, having Miles Edgeworth being declared GUILTY before Larry pulls a deus ex machina, and then, after being given a NOT GUILTY verdict, having Miles Edgeworth come forward and confess to possibly having murdered his father by accident fifteen years ago. Not the darkest plot twist in Ace Attorney, but at the time when first played, this was the first time the game ever tackled dark subjects such as trauma, PTSD, phobias and losing a parental figure at a young age. Miles Edgeworth would give Bruce Wane a run for his money, if I had to be honest.

The only other game that would compete against Turnabout Goodbyes is Rise From the Ashes and the reason I didn't chose that one is because the game play was much longer and felt alien when playing it. It was clear that Rise From the Ashes was a game that wasn't made until after the entire trilogy was made. While the analyzing and forensics were fun, it was a bit frustrating trying to find the evidence in the video, trying to get the vase to fit the shape of the Blue Badger and even having to go back and being required to Press on one of the last statements before Pressing on a previous statement, a method that wasn't introduced until Justice For All. When I first played Rise From the Ashes, I had to watch a Walkthrough of the game several times for me to know what the heck I was supposed to do next. Not just the trials, but the investigations as well, since I was lost on what I was supposed to do and where I was supposed to go half the time. It was fun, but also the most frustrating and many can agree with me on that. Also, considering Rise From the Ashes took place after Turnabout Goodbyes, it was also the most predictable, since the twists and dark subjects were already introduced in Turnabout Goodbyes.