Prologue

The last dance

The last dance

___________________________

"It isn't time that's passing by
It's you and I, you and I."

- The Topaz, Ruskin Bond.

_________________________

Because sometimes, Love cannot save its own love

Present day
February 20, 2020
South Africa

The warm rays fell on the hard rocks of the cliff as the strong gust of winds was blowing. Ripping the rocks right through its centre was the white foamy waters of a waterfall. As it made its way down the cliff, the waterfall took a fierce, raging form which was mesmerising yet dangerous. The undeniable beauty of the landscape couldn't suppress the malevolent feeling that lingered in the air----threatening to destroy everything that seemed happy.

"Come here quickly, Elio. You are gonna miss the view."

"Aren't you a bit exhausted by all this climbing?" Elio asked while brushing away the black cascade of hair that fell over his eyes.

"No. Mountains never tire me. They have always been my fascination."
Ignis replied, spreading out her arms wide, embracing the air to which she was very familiar; that felt like home.

The scenery before them was magnificent. The sky was splashed with a tinge of crimson, occasionally mixed with lavender, and the white cotton like clouds gave the artist's finishing touch. The mountains seemed calm, but one could feel the strong lust which pulls its admirers to itself. The wind blew occasionally, and sometimes, a bit strongly, which often made Ignis' red dress flow in the air, as if it was just like a scene out of a typical Hollywood movie, with the mountains as the perfect backdrop, and she, the Queen of the Mountains.

Ignis stood there in awe; it wasn't just the beauty of the place that drew Ignis there; it was the tranquillity, the peace that she craved for, and the missing piece she was always looking for.

"I wish I could stay here forever. Away from the noises, from the rush, from the problems of life. Away from everything."

"You wanna go away from me?" Elio asked jokingly, pretending to be offended by her words.

"You never know. We have high dreams, thinking of doing this and that, but in reality, I guess, Life has got other plans for us." Ignis replied without shifting her gaze .The eyes which were earlier full of awe for the scenery, now held a dazed look.