Let There Be Light

Two days pass after I told Alexander the truth. My father finally allowed me to go home, although I was under strict orders not to take things easy as I was still in recovery. I took the roses with me and placed them in a jar in my bedroom where I could look at them.

Alexander had not come to visit me again since that night, but he had warned me that might happen. The resonator was almost ready and he had to make sure the Order would not interfere with his plans once again. I understood, obviously. I had been the one who told him to go after them and not worry about me. As long as he came back to me in end, I would be alright. 

I am woken from my afternoon nap by the shouting of an announcement being made outside. 

"You do not want to miss this ladies and gentleman" I heard. Interested I get up and make my way to the window so I could look outside. A carriage was passing by with a phonograph and men distributing fliers "The future has arrived. Tonight, the citizens of London will have a historic opportunity to see for themselves the wonder of clean, wireless electricity. Come one, come all, join me."

I look at the invite on my table.

"Your presence is requested by Mr. Alexander Grayson for a most extraordinary demonstration of geomagnetic power generation."

And it even had a personal written note written on it "Please come. A.G."

Of course I was going to come. This was a great achievement he was accomplishing today, and after today we were going to be one step closer to finally being rid of those who wish to see us harm and start living the life we were denied of so long ago.

W still hadn't had a chance to properly talk. We were all surrounded by other people and the things that needed to be said, touches that needed to be given, they couldn't be done in public. We haven't even kissed yet, the closer thing to intimate that he dared to do in public was kiss my forehead lovingly. One would think he was shy but unfortunately that was not the case. He feared word of our...relationship would get to the Order and put me in more danger. The attack on myself was evidence that they weren't unaware of it, but they still didn't know how vital it actually was.

I prepare myself for the big presentation, wanting to look good tonight, as I would be seeing him again after two days of silence. I see the streets crawling with people, everyone was exited for today's event. It was the first time someone would try to do something like this and everyone wanted to be the first to witness it.

I walk trough the crowds and make my way to inside the building, it turns out it was a lot harder then I had predicted to actually get to the front. When I finally manage to get past the people I catch Alexander while he is beginning his speech.

"I'm Alexander Grayson" he says making everybody clap exited "I'm sure by now some of you have noticed the electrical devices on the stage as well as those we have installed outside and throughout the district. Some of you no doubt have asked yourselves, how did they wire all these devices in one single day? The answer is as astonishing as it is simple. They need no wires..."

The room erupts in exclamations and whispers from the people hearing him talk.

"For the breakthrough you are about to see..." he says picking up a lamp. "...is the first practical transmission of wireless electricity."

"Eight months ago I arrived in London to engage the world's leading scientific minds, men who had a vision of the future. Men determined, like me, to see that vision become a reality to the benefit of mankind." he pauses for a moment looking over at the crowd. He seems me there, in the back and smiles when he spots me. I smile back, happy to be here. To see his moment in the spotlight. "A dear friend of mine recently told me that she admired my honesty..."