- 20 - Aber

We were in the car on the way to Aber. Never had I heard of Aber before, but it seemed like a huge deal for Taron to spend Christmas there.

He had told me a lot about his childhood there and he seemed as close to his family as I never was. I was looking forward to it, but I was also nervous.

At least I got to celebrate Christmas with not just Taron. Because I didn't trust myself around him anymore.

My phone pinged and I checked it

<<Hope you're good. Let me know if I can help with anything. Sofie xx>>

I smiled.

I started texting back. I wasn't great, but I had been worse. Back pain and heartburn were getting worse and at this point I would just be happy to give birth already

<<I'm good, more or less. I'd love to meet to catch up! xx>>

Taron was focused on the road and I was glad things had gotten back to normal. Whatever "normal" really was.

"We're here" Taron announced as he pulled up outside a town house.

"Oh, it's beautiful" I said.

We got out of the car and Taron took all of our luggage upstairs. It was an old staircase and I already had a hard time getting up there on my own. Well technically, I was two people now.

He showed me around and it was a nice, cosy place. It wasn't as big as his flat in London but it had more charm to it, it had window sills to sit on, a small kitchen and a cosy bedroom.

"I get why you like it here" I smiled.

I could already see my girl in here. I tried to shake that thought, but I couldn't.

"Do you?" he almost sounded relieved.

"Yes" I put one hand on his forearm before I could stop myself.

He looked at me for a split-second, as if he knew I was in love with him, before he looked away.

I was just overreacting. Everything would be back to normal once my baby which was a piece of him was out of my body.

"My mom's place about 30 minutes from here" he said "Would you want to walk or -?"

I grimaced "Normally I would love to, but at this point..." I looked down to my belly.

The baby was huge. Or at least she felt huge.

"Let's take the car then" he said.

It was a short car ride and I was so nervous I felt like jumping out of my skin. It was so important what his family thought of me. I didn't even know why.

We reached a quiet side street and I saw the front door open.

I recognised his mom immediately, he looked so much like her.

Then I saw Mari and Rosie and my heart almost stopped. They were the cutest little girls ever.

"Hi" Taron waved over to them before he helped me out of the car.

I felt like blushing.

"Hi" I said too

"Welcome!" his mom Tina said "I'm so happy you're here"

"Me too. Thanks for inviting me" I smiled.

She pulled me into a hug.

"Of course! You're part of the family now!"

A family of huggers, eh?

Mari and Rosie were a bit shy when they saw me, but Taron leant down to introduce me.