Statue Statue Tanuki!?

--
Statue, Statue, Tanuki!?

✿✿✿❝Tan-tan-tanuki's tail, Even when there is no wind, its swing, swing, swings❞

✿✿✿
❝Tan-tan-tanuki's tail, Even when there is no wind, its swing, swing, swings❞

✿✿✿

Lakira walked down the pebbled path as she looked up at the Tanuki statues. She was mesmerized by the carved stone. She went to touch one and felt the worn-down rock as she struts up the steps to the shrine, the gray and spots of leafy green colors and the contrasting red that towered over her.

"So cool..." she uttered, looking around as her gaze met the shrine. Walking over Lakira, bows at the tanuki statue out of respect before taking out two gold coins, "Please Otanuki-Sama. I need something big to happen in my life." Lakira sough, "living in Japanese with my sister and her boyfriend is hard enough." She tossed the first coin down and bowed again, "I know I'm, being a little greedy but, I want someone I can trust" she gave herself the side-eye, "or a pet my sister will let me keep'' Lakira shrugged before tossing the other coin in.

Chills ran down her spine as the wind opened the shrine doors, revealing a "Tanuki?" Lakira rubbed her eyes after seeing the blue scarf, green, and black checkered cover.

This. Only meant one thing,

"Otanuki-Sama..." she looked at the carving and smiled, hope beaming across her face "Thank you." Lakira crawled into the shrine and grabbed the animal and the other things in the shrine, "What a strange color... what is this, Burgundy?" She held the tanuki tight as she walked down the steps with speed hoping, she wouldn't trip.

Lakira took a sharp turn and slid into a chair, her legs swung back and forth as she waited for a train.

She looked left and right hoping, it'd come soon "this is nice." Lakira jokingly uttered, looking at the animal in her hands.

Lakira thought she was crazy for doing something like this. What if it had rabies or nasty, grimy teeth.

Lakira shook her head as the train came to a stop. Standing up, she covered the tanuki with her gray and orange trench coat before walking to the back, grabbing onto the bar as she looked out the window seeing the red and pink flowers they passed.

Lakira smiled before looking at her phone seeing a new notification on her feed,

'Aggressive cat with boar head attacks McDonald's worker on the job' she chuckled as another popped up,

'Pure black chinchilla stuck by lighting and survives, fur turns yellow and orange,' Lakira wouldn't believe this one, no way that's possible.

She scoffed and got off the train, jogging to the pet shop, 'Pawsibilities.' she walked in hearing, the chime of bells at the door.

"Hello, hello, good morning!" the man had a very aggressive smile and his hair, his hair was everywhere. "What brings you here" His forked brows lifted as lakira nervously looked away.

"I... I found this Tanuki at Otanuki-Sama's shrine. I'm thinking of keeping them." Lakira expressed, showing off the sleeping Tanuki.

The man rubbed his chin, "you can give them a commercial beef diet, dog food, veggies, fruits, and some like boiled eggs." Lakira smiled at how their food was easy to get. "Give them something to climb on puzzles and something like a tall cat tower.

Lakira nodded and smiled, "Can I buy some stuff and come back later?" he nodded.

After he helped her with shopping, he introduced himself, "My name's Rengoku!" Lakira nodded and shook his hand.

"I'll definitely be back soon Mr.Rengoku. Thank you for your help." he waved her off as the bell rang as she left the store.

"I'm so lucky today,"

✿✿✿